This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The one reason that I hate this game so much...

#31SlyClone2kPosted 5/8/2013 5:33:29 AM
Ha, just read what I wrote. There's no point listening to my opinion anyway, I'm only bitter because I'd much rather have a child than a computer game to play. It gets my goat that some people have kids they neglect for gaming. That might be different if I actually had a kid. But that's not the way life is working out for me just now.

Good luck to you in both wow and your parenthood!
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124
#32PoKeMoNsTrOsiTYPosted 5/8/2013 11:12:37 AM
Some of the responses to this topic make me want to vomit. There truly are a lot of insensitive trolls on these forums. Guys the tc is trying to find advice from gamers that are also parents. He seems legitimately adamant to focus more on his family and less on WoW.

Tc, I am a parent of 2 children at the age of 31. Gaming was a HUGE part of my life before I became a father and a husband. I was 8 when I first touched the controllers of an NES and since have owned EVERY SINGLE console from then on known to man. I was 26 when I joined the military, 27 when I got married and had my first child and WoW is still in my life to this day.

I'm a casual raider/pvper. My 4 year old actually enjoys sitting with me and watching me play. I have never neglected my kids or ignored my wife to play. I make sure they are taken care of, are sheltered and fed every night before putting them down so that I can game at night.

I will admit, you are a young parent. I don't know what your financial situation is like and quite frankly you don't have to feel inclined to tell us about it but perhaps there is some maturity boundary present in your situation. If you can just promise yourself that you will do whatever it takes to keep your child and your wife safe and happy, then by all means, keep gaming. If your wife tells you to spend more time with the family, then yeah turn off your game and chill with them for a bit. The game will always be there when you come back to it.
#33mt830plusPosted 5/9/2013 11:27:19 PM
If your kid sits there and watches you play a MMORPG, sorry bro... you're neglecting them. I'm married and have 3 young kids and a wife as well. The only time the games come on is when they're all asleep. I really hate to pass judgement like that, especially because I don't know you, but if you're at the point in the game to raid, you've already dumped hundreds of hours into this game. Got a PvP set? How long did that take to acquire? I'll bet you have more than 1 toon, so hey just multiply those hours by X. Sorry but the people I know that REALLY take WoW too seriously just put real life on hold and forget about everything else. You can do better. Just gotta realize WoW is the carrot on a stick, and Blizz just wants your cash. When your kids are grown up and the WoW servers are offline, what are you going to have to show for it? Some screenshots? A couple stories?
#34DivineWraithPosted 5/10/2013 4:06:24 PM
Teach your kid to WoW it up. You can both switch off on farming duty and nap time, it'll be the best.

Or, just learn to structure your time better so you can get your daily WoW fix and spend some actual quality time with your daughter alone, when she isn't napping.

Regret is a pain, don't get stuck with some over this game.