This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to save the World of Warcraft

#21old_guy_radioPosted 5/11/2013 12:07:39 AM
Removing LFR would lose many many players. The problem I have with LFR is people that aren't the best raid players, but have lots of time on their hands have really high igear scores, and that's what most people looking for raids and groups (non LFRs) base their group invites on.

Having said that, in vanilla it was nearly impossible to get invited to a 40 mans unless you were in the guild insiders click. People that had T3 gear sets were pretty rare.

So I like the inclusion now, but so many 510+ igear people are mainly clueless, and can't follow even the most simple instructions are commonplace.
---
beidh ar la linn
#22ryanell666Posted 5/11/2013 1:36:21 AM
3 more to go.

old_guy_radio posted...
Removing LFR would lose many many players. The problem I have with LFR is people that aren't the best raid players, but have lots of time on their hands have really high igear scores, and that's what most people looking for raids and groups (non LFRs) base their group invites on.

So you are damned if you do, damned if you don't....

Having said that, in vanilla it was nearly impossible to get invited to a 40 mans unless you were in the guild insiders click.

Top 10 real reasons you couldn't get into a raid...

1 - You weren't a tank or a healer.
2 - You weren't a DPS that had exceptional DPS skills.
3 - You ask for a guild invite to a very organized guild, wearing quest-greens and nothing gemmed or enchanted.
4 - You owned no resist gear, not even a common blue bracer from BRD.
5 - You don`t have any professions maxed out to make flasks, scrolls or leg armour (etÓl)

Now even if you `were` that type of player...
6 - Your server sucked, there was only 2-3 active and able raiding guilds and there is no room for you.
7 - The rest are social guilds that cared about ganking STV and the Bulwark,
8 - Children guild-leaders that have high hopes to be one of the 2-3 real guilds.
9 - The leader has an alterior motive....like he wants all the good gear, and leave you getting nothing, but still wants your help.

Now I don`t mean to be insulting, but it has known to be the truth...
10 - Because you lack the capacity to start your own guild with at least 39 like minded people.

People that had T3 gear sets were pretty rare.

Yeah it was.

So I like the inclusion now, but so many 510+ igear people are mainly clueless, and can't follow even the most simple instructions are commonplace.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont....take responsibility....

You wanted to raid, but you could not fill the above requirement for better or worse.....you wanted LFR, you got it.....inside pandoras box that is.

So you might have been a competant raider with bad luck getting into 40 mans,...but those baddies had it worse...and for good reason.

now...you have to reap what you sow....
#23Cascade565Posted 5/11/2013 2:24:27 AM

nothing gemmed .

Real vanilla player right there!

And to the guy talking about complex rotation in vanilla: are you f***ing kidding me?
#24XtraTPosted 5/11/2013 2:34:08 AM
dpsing in vanilla was really hard, you had 1 button to use, sometime 2???? (really rare) You could also use conditional macros aka play with 1 macro until TBC

Fire mage rotation was pretty hard I remember...fire ball hmm then fireball, then some balls of fire..#1 DPS!

Tanking was pretty hard too. sunder a few times (warrior tanks actually put more points in fury than prot pre warrior revamp) and then smash 1 button macro that shield block, heroic strike and sunder armor.

The skill it took to raid at level 60 was unimaginable. Even Spongebob can't fathom it.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#25no1oblivionfanPosted 5/11/2013 5:30:18 AM
XtraT posted...
dpsing in vanilla was really hard, you had 1 button to use, sometime 2???? (really rare) You could also use conditional macros aka play with 1 macro until TBC

Fire mage rotation was pretty hard I remember...fire ball hmm then fireball, then some balls of fire..#1 DPS!

Tanking was pretty hard too. sunder a few times (warrior tanks actually put more points in fury than prot pre warrior revamp) and then smash 1 button macro that shield block, heroic strike and sunder armor.

The skill it took to raid at level 60 was unimaginable. Even Spongebob can't fathom it.

Yes you're right. The difficulty in Vanilla was only the time investment required to raid. Chrono stop talking out of your ass it's blatantly obvious that you didn't play during Vanilla as raids mechanics were so much simpler if you compare them to todays ones.

BC was a different story though.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#26ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 2:59:14 PM
I should also add: Bring back complexity to DPS rotations!!! Back in the golden days of Vanilla every class had to be played to the fullest to do even decent DPS. Nowadays you can just press random buttons aka faceroll and do ridiculous DPS.
#27MrBigJohnsonPosted 5/11/2013 4:24:36 PM
ChronoAce posted...
How to kill the World of Warcraft

Ftfy
---
Even addiction has diminishing returns. Johnrockks#1547
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Marisette/advanced
#28no1oblivionfanPosted 5/11/2013 4:29:01 PM
ChronoAce posted...
I should also add: Bring back complexity to DPS rotations!!! Back in the golden days of Vanilla every class had to be played to the fullest to do even decent DPS. Nowadays you can just press random buttons aka faceroll and do ridiculous DPS.

Oh wow....
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#29angrywalrus13Posted 5/11/2013 4:33:57 PM
solid topic, A+, would buy from again

seriously though, i think it hits all the right points re: whats wrong with wow
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#30ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 2:36:14 AM
Leveling should be a challenge again too. Remove all AoE abilities from every class except Mage (since they are the original aoe class) and increase the difficulty of quest mobs.