This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT list all game design changes/decisions that you HATE.

#1g0tbeef89Posted 5/10/2013 8:00:35 AM(edited)
Introduction of 10 men raids
Removal of attunement (ie you can skip older tiers if new tier comes out)
Removal of head enchants
Addition of daily rewards to things other than gold and faction rep.
Guild rewards and reputation
Removal of dishonorable kills and lowering of honors recieved for world pvp
Buff homogenization. I preferred the design decision of allowing guilds to make up raid compositions instead of the "bring the player not the class" mindset.
Removal of CC centred pulls in raids.

Pet peeve: not merging certain servers despite dwindling players.

Everything else I love.

However as more and more of these pile up, I find myself playing WoW less and less.

---
Ignoring all from tote since 2011.
#2halomonkey1_3_5Posted 5/10/2013 8:08:50 AM
there isnt much they've done that I outright hate

I guess changing the talent system and then having basically no reward for leveling to replace talent points is the closest thing, but I can see why they changed it and its honestly a better system, top to bottom. Same with basically everything they've done, I may dislike certain aspects of it, but 95% of it has been(all things considered) an improvement over the old system.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#3ljgfPosted 5/10/2013 8:16:01 AM
I can't tell if this is a serious topic or not because it seems to hit almost every point of the "vanilla wow was the best, everything else sucks" cliche, but I'm going to respond to it anyway.

Introduction of 10 men raids
25 man raids still exist, you're not required to do 10 mans.

Removal of attunement (ie you can skip older tiers if new tier comes out)
Attunement is really just an unnecessary hassle and another barrier to accessing content which helps no one.

Removal of head enchants
Why is this something that you care about?

Addition of daily rewards to things other than gold and faction rep.
So you get more rewards for doing optional content. How is that a bad thing in any way?

Guild rewards and reputation
I don't see why this is a big deal. People complain about the guilds that have lost any sense of community and are just there for the perks, but you know you're not required to be in a guild like that, right?

Removal of dishonorable kills and lowering of honors recieved for world pvp
I agree with this.

Buff homogenization. I preferred the design decision of allowing guilds to make up raid compositions instead of the "bring the player not the class" mindset.
Seriously? This gives you more freedom, not less. Guilds can choose (mostly) whoever they want now based on their skill. If you still want to try to get a specific class composition, there's nothing stopping you.

Removal of CC centred pulls in raids.
Okay. Not sure that this is something worth hating, but it's understandable.

Pet peeve: not merging certain servers despite dwindling players.
Yeah, I agree with this one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SXElEbR.gif
http://i.imgur.com/EBGNymt.jpg
#4BIMHBPosted 5/10/2013 8:18:47 AM
Guild rep/perks is the dumbest thing I can think of. I preferred to always be guildless or in my own bank guild or something but because of how strong the perks are I have to be in a 25 guild so i can be a liberal and mooch off their perks and have them pay for my repair despite me not contributing anything to them. Its disgusting.
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#5piplupzeroPosted 5/10/2013 8:20:34 AM
The decision to not make monks the most overpowered thing ever. I didn't roll the new class for it to be balanced!
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#6Lightning BoltPosted 5/10/2013 8:25:19 AM
Cutting the feral spec in half, making both halves suck horribly to play.
Pandas.
Level 90 Mage talents.
Making dungeons terrible on purpose

Not a lot else really. They ruined my two favorite classes so I moved to a third and found my calling.
The raid is nice, the casual stuff isn't shoved down my throat, and the island was pretty cool.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 8:29:25 AM
Nope Vanilla definitely wasn't the best. There are far more things I like than dislike. For example, LFR, transmogrification, dual speccing, lfd, etc. I liked guild summoning instead of traveling. Also heirlooms was fantastic.

And this is of course personal taste.

By getting rid of attunement, you have got rid of progression. I liked the fact that some guilds were up to black temple while others were up to tempest keep while others just started Kara. It gave a sense of working towards something.

The temptation of other rewards for daily made them something that you had to do to be efficient and it felt like a chore. They should have just been ways to get some extra gold if you feel like.

Also I liked the fact that 10 men were novice raids and then it moved you to 25 where it felt more epic. Yes you still have the option to still do 25 men but almost all guilds on the server are 10 men guilds simply because the logistics behind it is easier.

Also guild rewards hindered people from switching guilds and merging guilds. It should be achievement based rewards IMO.
---
#8g0tbeef89(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 8:34:15 AM
Oh and the reason I hated the "bring the player not the class" mentality is because before, everyone knew their row and it makes people feel special. Pure dps classes dished out huge dps whilst hybrids buffed their party and were thanked for it.
---
#9Lightning BoltPosted 5/10/2013 8:37:18 AM
g0tbeef89 posted...
you still have the option to still do 25 men

An option I'm sure you've selected gleefully.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#10redundanciesPosted 5/10/2013 9:04:41 AM
Cutting the feral spec in half, making both halves suck horribly to play.

Not being completely overpowered by being able to switch back and forth between bear and cat (with no spec change) and do either job well doesn't mean the two halves "suck" by themselves.

Nor has there been any real change in playstyle for either. Cat "rotations" are nearly identical and bears' new abilities are just pointing towards the active mitigation that all tanks get now. In fact I prefer bears' toolkit now, because I can pop a quick self-heal if needed and Incarnation is fun to play with.