This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

shadow pan assault rep

#1BIMHBPosted 5/10/2013 5:34:01 PM
I need to get friendly so i can get the trink. please, please explain to me how to get it as if Im a complete noob. I have no clue about anything rep related this expansion so i need specific details.

I have been to that daily island before and done some dailies one day. thats about as far as I know

pls help ;_;
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#2AppstatefanPosted 5/10/2013 5:37:52 PM
Do ToT LFR and normal. You get rep through them.
#3RawringAirPosted 5/10/2013 5:38:23 PM
Killing bosses in ToT is the only way to gain rep with them
---
The best.
#4BIMHB(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 5:50:52 PM
i only have pvp gear so i dont think it will be unlocked for me

am i doomed ;_:
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#5PsoloquoisePosted 5/10/2013 5:54:11 PM
RawringAir posted...

It's been awhile since I did the quest, but I'm sure the Champions of the Thunder King quest gives Shado-pan assault rep as well.
#6bstbllPosted 5/10/2013 6:20:20 PM
Psoloquoise posted...
RawringAir posted...

It's been awhile since I did the quest, but I'm sure the Champions of the Thunder King quest gives Shado-pan assault rep as well.

this is also correct. The champions quest gives 300 rep each week (and I believe the one-time prequest gives some as well, not sure though). Other than that, your best option is LFRs. FWIW, as long as you've got 480 ilvl, just queue as DPS in your pvp gear. Keep your mouth shut and try not to die and nobody will notice
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#7ljgfPosted 5/10/2013 6:34:37 PM
Psoloquoise posted...
RawringAir posted...

this is also correct. The champions quest gives 300 rep each week (and I believe the one-time prequest gives some as well, not sure though). Other than that, your best option is LFRs. FWIW, as long as you've got 480 ilvl, just queue as DPS in your pvp gear. Keep your mouth shut and try not to die and nobody will notice

This is right. And no one will notice because there isn't anything to notice; resilience and pvp power don't count towards the stat budget, so pvp items are just as good as pve items of the same ilvl (ignoring set bonuses and stuff). Though that doesn't stop people who don't know this from complaining about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SXElEbR.gif
http://i.imgur.com/EBGNymt.jpg
#8tiger002Posted 5/10/2013 7:11:55 PM
With decent pvp gear you can hit 480 to do LFR, so just do all the bosses in there and you should hit friendly easily.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#9AssultTankPosted 5/10/2013 8:09:10 PM
ljgf posted...
This is right. And no one will notice because there isn't anything to notice; resilience and pvp power don't count towards the stat budget, so pvp items are just as good as pve items of the same ilvl (ignoring set bonuses and stuff). Though that doesn't stop people who don't know this from complaining about it.

Yeah, I was helping my brother gear up his DK to tank, we got to Terrace and the other tank inspects him and immediately begins ranting about the PvP pieces my brother was wearing. When all 6 healers, including myself, linked pvp items we were wearing and told him he was wrong, he shut up.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#10DawnshadowPosted 5/10/2013 8:41:01 PM
AssultTank posted...
ljgf posted...

Yeah, I was helping my brother gear up his DK to tank, we got to Terrace and the other tank inspects him and immediately begins ranting about the PvP pieces my brother was wearing. When all 6 healers, including myself, linked pvp items we were wearing and told him he was wrong, he shut up.

It's actually a bit different for plate tanks (with the possible exception of paladins, who can stack haste for a certain style of tanking.) However, the problem isn't that it's PvP gear, it's because all PvP gear is DPS (or healing) gear. For a tank, PvP pieces with mastery would work, and getting one or two non-mastery pieces to cover weak slots is fine, but going in with full PvP gear is like tanking in your DPS set-- you will be Squishy.

Leather tanks, of course, tank in DPS gear as a matter of course.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/