This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassination Rogues: Do you have gaps in your rotation? I do :/

#1NitroRatPosted 5/11/2013 11:34:17 PM
Here is my terrible gnome rogue alt:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Gerro/simple

It isn't gemmed, enchanted, or fully pve geared. It's a gnome. The talents and glyphs most likely aren't the best for pve, but they suffice. These are the cons.

The pros:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/rogue/assassination/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns

This is the rotation I'm following. I hear that's standard.

My problem: I don't know if this is the nature of the assassination rogue rotation, or if its me just being bad with rogue pve, but i constantly have 1-2 seconds of wait time for energy so i can mut or dispatch next. Is that normal? I didn't know if it was going to feel more active like a monk or fDK
---
I don't think I have ever seen religion compared to public urination before.- TheBlueAvenger
#2vidgamrPosted 5/12/2013 12:45:09 AM
That's normal. Rogue's aren't GCD capped like some classes can be. You will have those 1-2 seconds of waiting for energy so you can mutilate again.
---
You know when old people poke you at weddings and say "you're next"? I do the same to them at funerals.
XBL: WtrMan ---- PSN: Barbobott
#3killer_sealionsPosted 5/12/2013 3:34:59 AM
Generally I don't consider noxxic a good source of information for anything really, most of their information isn't really optimal
You could try other sites such as elitest jerks, but hey if you say your rotation is generally accepted who am I to argue I don't even play a rouge
But here a copy paste from the elitest jerks Assassination rouge rotation:

"Single-Target

You can clip the last tick of Rupture and not lose it. The damage done will be recalculated, and added to the front of the next Rupture.

Before 35%:
With Anticipation: Cast finishers with 5 CP. If at 5CP, and with a Blindside proc, cast Dispatch anyways. Maintain 100% Rupture uptime.
Without Anticipation: Cast finishers with 4+ CP. If at 4 CP, and with Blindside proc cast Dispatch anyways. Maintain 100% Rupture uptime.

After 35%:
All Envenoms should be 5CP, while still maintaining 100% rupture uptime. Use Dispatch as the sole CP generator unless you're struggling to not cap energy.

Multi-Target

This is still up for debate, the current idea is to use Fan of Knives as your CP buildier while maintaining a number of ruptures (possibly 3 CP) on 3 targets, use Envenom to burn your CP's mid rupture maintenance."

Hope this helps I have no idea which set of info is correct so take this with a grain of salt, hell it might be the same info I didn't read too much into it so i'm not really sure.
#4frickinajPosted 5/12/2013 4:09:16 AM
Essentially, as an assassination rogue, your goal is to maximize uptime on your envenom buff and rupture.

So you don't just want to spam abilities as soon as you can. When using envenom, you want to pool energy so you can use as many mutilates as possible during the envenom buff. Typically, pooling to 80-90 should do the trick. Each mutilate has a chance to proc 2 deadly poison applications, which is why you want to mutilate as often as possible with the env buff.

You also want to avoid clipping your envenom buff as much as possible (impossible during shadow blades with either 4 set bonus)
#5WhodatJuvatPosted 5/12/2013 4:42:19 AM
Sometimes you will just have to wait. You want to try and do your mutilates with the envenom debuff up so pool your energy before you envenom, envenom, and then spam mut until you have enough points for your next envenom. As you get more haste and t15 2pc it will become easier.
#6NitroRat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 7:43:37 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I've always wanted to get into rogue pve but all this time I didn't know if it was me or the class that was making it feel... off.
---
I don't think I have ever seen religion compared to public urination before.- TheBlueAvenger
#7frickinajPosted 5/13/2013 12:10:25 AM
Also, I usually carry lots of anticipation points from using as many mutilates as possible using the extra points only with envenom when I'm at 4 anticipation or when rupture's about to fall off. That way you're getting as many strikes in as possible with the buff up