This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are you not supposed to use Fel Flame to refresh DoTs?

#11no1oblivionfanPosted 5/12/2013 11:36:13 AM
The only fights where MF is better than KJC are arguably Horridon and Priomordius. Nothing else.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#12AmakusaPosted 5/12/2013 12:08:20 PM(edited)
ChocoboMog123 posted...
Amakusa posted...
EDarien posted...
However, with Kil'jaeden's Cunning, that situation kind of can't exist anymore since all spells are now able to be cast while moving.

Kil'jaeden's Cunning is a liability in certain fights where the movement penalty can kill you (see Durumu maze for the most obvious example; there's others but I don't feel like going into that).

Just run by the melee side of Durumu, KJ should not be a hindrance during the maze. Life Drain and the color cones might be an issue, but Burning Rush easily solves that if you have any trouble with it.

Burning Rush kills you even faster than the color beam when you're stacking on it correctly. And that's assuming you're part of the Red beam soak anyway.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#13ChocoboMog123Posted 5/12/2013 12:42:09 PM
no1oblivionfan posted...
The only fights where MF is better than KJC are arguably Horridon and Priomordius. Nothing else.

Free damage on Elders, free damage on Tortos (though KJC is kinda a necessity on him), free damage on Meg for low movement strats (RoF or HoG).

Amakusa posted...
ChocoboMog123 posted...
Amakusa posted...
EDarien posted...
However, with Kil'jaeden's Cunning, that situation kind of can't exist anymore since all spells are now able to be cast while moving.

Kil'jaeden's Cunning is a liability in certain fights where the movement penalty can kill you (see Durumu maze for the most obvious example; there's others but I don't feel like going into that).

Just run by the melee side of Durumu, KJ should not be a hindrance during the maze. Life Drain and the color cones might be an issue, but Burning Rush easily solves that if you have any trouble with it.

Burning Rush kills you even faster than the color beam when you're stacking on it correctly. And that's assuming you're part of the Red beam soak anyway.

Warlocks shouldn't be taking ANY damage from the color beams. And, really, Burning Rush is absolutely not necessary. The only reason I mentioned it is because I like to stay as far back from Durumu as possible, but if I get targeted by red, I need to run into melee range rather quickly to move the beam at a nice clip. Hell, Warlocks can probably get through that whole fight with zero damage taken.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#14no1oblivionfanPosted 5/12/2013 1:15:21 PM
ChocoboMog123 posted...
no1oblivionfan posted...

Free damage on Elders, free damage on Tortos (though KJC is kinda a necessity on him), free damage on Meg for low movement strats (RoF or HoG).

You can hit both heads with RoF without using MF (I've tested it) HoG might be the same with the glyph although I doubt it . For Tortos MF offers no improvement over KJC unless you're padding as RoF without MF can still hit Tortos and bats. And for council, yeah it's either; you're sacrificing generation for mobility vice versa.

And sorry, generally when I talk about warlocks I talk from a Destro/Aff PoV I tend to ignore Demo for some reason, mainly because I dislike the spec.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#15ChocoboMog123Posted 5/12/2013 2:14:44 PM
You're totally right about Meg. Haven't played Destro on it in a while and forgot how big their hitboxes are. Might even be able to hit both with HoG, you need the glyph to hit both with MF anyway, but it's just such a huge PITA.

Free ember generation isn't padding on Tortos. But, still, pretty stupid. Even as Demo, I think I run KJC on Tortos despite how trying to keep HoG slows on the turtles.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#16VelociswaggerPosted 5/12/2013 6:20:11 PM
ShadowEdgeX posted...
I think it's more a problem with wasting so many GCDs since it extends the dot for so short a time.
#17c0sa n0straPosted 5/13/2013 12:21:26 AM
ryouma17 posted...
who says you cant use Fel Flame to refresh DoTs? its your toon use whatever rotation you want, dont let others tell you how to play

But he wants to maximise his output? Else he wouldn't be asking.
#18pies12Posted 5/13/2013 12:25:54 AM
ryouma17 posted...
who says you cant use Fel Flame to refresh DoTs? its your toon use whatever rotation you want, dont let others tell you how to play

The group's 60/150/375/mo that expects you to pull your weight trumps your 15/mo to be a special snowflake.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.