This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Soo...Dumb question time.

#1ZakurooPosted 5/12/2013 11:17:23 AM
Can a Level 88 in Various Pandaria Blues and Greens solo Molten core? It's my Monk.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1798-2750 Name: Dakota
PSN: Wolfy4226. Add me. Wii U: Wolfy4226 Add me.
#2metroidfreakv4Posted 5/12/2013 11:19:32 AM
Yes and you'll be blasting through.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SO-HGwxJNg
#3Zakuroo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 11:27:26 AM
What raids could I conceivably do easily to get the Raiding with leashes achievement?
---
#4mrhighlife83Posted 5/12/2013 11:51:17 AM
It ought to be possible to do all of them.
#5Zakuroo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:11:59 PM
As long as I'm careful, right?

Cause I was planning to do all of them eventually...I just got done with Molten core..but the Corefire Imp didn't drop. >_>
---
#6bstbllPosted 5/12/2013 1:24:41 PM
MC, BWL, and AQ40 will all be easy. Some of Naxx might be a little difficult, Patchwerk still hits fairly hard, but you shouldn't have any problem in the vanilla instances.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#7mrhighlife83Posted 5/12/2013 2:48:41 PM
The hardest part of Naxx would most likely be out DPSing Gluth's heal. Healing the damage from any Naxx boss should be trivial for any character over 85.
#8bstbllPosted 5/12/2013 5:37:06 PM
mrhighlife83 posted...
The hardest part of Naxx would most likely be out DPSing Gluth's heal. Healing the damage from any Naxx boss should be trivial for any character over 85.

Have you actually soloed patchwerk? Because his hateful strike hits for about 80k pre-mitigation, and he casts it every second. Don't get me wrong, it's easily survivable at 90, especially if you're a tank, but in mediocre gear when you aren't at the level cap, it can definitely take a few tries.

I'm not saying Gluth's going to be a cakewalk either, but I still think surviving 40k DPS when you've only got about 200k health is gonna be the tough part.
---
#9mrhighlife83Posted 5/12/2013 8:33:46 PM
So, I was curious after reading your comment since I had never viewed Patchwerk as the slightest of problems since I had started soloing. I looked it up and Hateful Strike hits for 80k in 25-man mode, which no sane person would ever do if they were just soloing for pets. The more reasonable number that people would experience is 30k from Hateful Strike before mitigation. After the mitigation from leather and the self-healing that a monk does, Patchwerk should not be of any difficulty at higher levels.
#10bstbllPosted 5/12/2013 9:27:07 PM(edited)
mrhighlife83 posted...
So, I was curious after reading your comment since I had never viewed Patchwerk as the slightest of problems since I had started soloing. I looked it up and Hateful Strike hits for 80k in 25-man mode, which no sane person would ever do if they were just soloing for pets. The more reasonable number that people would experience is 30k from Hateful Strike before mitigation. After the mitigation from leather and the self-healing that a monk does, Patchwerk should not be of any difficulty at higher levels.

Hm, true. I forgot to take into account the difference, when I soloed Naxx I was after the valorous dreamwalker set so I did it on 25.

That said, it's still around 20k DPS with autoattacks (assuming he's a brewmaster) and Patchwerk has about 4.3 million HP on 10 man. Even if the monk can maintain 15k HPS (I have no idea how realistic this number is, since my monk's only level 68 and isn't a brewmaster, but it seems pretty damn high), he's still gonna have to put out over 70k DPS at level 88 to kill him before he dies if he's got 300k health. If he's putting out closer to 30k (and that's incredibly generous for single target, level 88 dps in quest gear who's also trying to self-heal, especially if he's also spending energy on healing spheres), he'll need to survive well over two full minutes of 20k DPS while maintaining high DPS himself.

I'm not saying it's not doable, but it's definitely much harder than you're making it sound. What class, level, and gear were you at when you started soloing Naxx? Because you seem to be vastly overestimating the capabilities of a level 88 in greens, in my opinion.
---