This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what exactly makes feral dps so hard? >_>

#21hitman826Posted 5/15/2013 8:54:30 PM
RetributionV2 posted...
>mfw people think enhancement and fury are hard.

">mfw"

"My Face When"

Saying this on a board that ISN'T an image board.
---
It's space magic. We don't have to explain ****.
-- Bioware
#22Sephiroth C RyuPosted 5/16/2013 4:19:07 PM
Part of the issue isn't just the complexity, but that its complex AND all the pieces of it have different timers. You can't just use each one sequentially and then use a different one the next and the next. You have to actually look at more then one spot on your screen to check the status of all of them too, which means checking takes a good second longer that can put you in the fire for a tick of damage longer.

Additionally you have to deal with positional requirements for shred, which is minor but still a thing, have to deal with both energy and combo points, also minor but still a thing. Even if both are minor, they are still things that can push a player to their attention-to-multiple-things limit when combined with the other stuff more easily then other classes. Which means it is easier to go OVER this limit when a boss is particularly complex with its mechanics. You know how you don't really focus on DPS in ANY class during certain boss mechanics until they end, and just use some low end easy to spam ability until you can focus more again? That is because said mechanic pushes most players over the attention limit and they have to use a "spam just 2 or 3 buttons" or a "spam something that can be cast while moving" until they can afford to focus on what they are doing again.

Claw is a very useful addon, but while it still works it hasn't been updated in several months and it would be worrisome if it eventually fell out of useability.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#23ElaeusPosted 5/16/2013 4:21:43 PM
redundancies posted...
The feral druid needs to (not necessarily in priority order):

-Keep Faerie Fire up (if no one else is doing so)
-Keep Rake up
-Keep Rip up
-Keep Savage Roar up
-use Shred for combo points
-Use Tiger's Fury on cooldown
-Use Berserk on cooldown

And that's not getting into possible talent selections, or abilities granted by Symbiosis.

It's fairly complex - I'd say more complex than enhance because cats need to keep track of energy and combo points, whereas shamans have a straight priority list of cooldowns.

Clicked on the topic to see if Red posted.

Stopped reading afterwards.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#24FenriradramelkPosted 5/16/2013 7:14:24 PM
pretty much what was said already:
it isn't that feral dps is hard to simply do the rotation now-a-day's, like it used to be in Wrath.

It isn't difficult to keep savage roar and 2 bleeds ticking (maybe with some inconvenient times to offset their timers, but not much else). Then spending the rest of your time with direct damage fillers and preparing your next set of combo points.

what DOES make it difficult is as soon as you attempt maximizing it at all, because needing to track/remember your bleed power as applied to each bleed (and they add up quickly, there's between 4-8 buffs to remember if they were active for each bleed, and then comparing that against what's up now or will be up for your next application).

Of course that could be said of any class, maximizing procs and cooldowns now is a pretty big thing. It just feels like it impacts feral more with the inherent lean of the spec already toward having rotational procs that get snapshotted on our bleeds (along with all the other procs that get snapshotted).
---
The Sun was born, so it shall die. As we were forged we shall return.
I know in darkness I will find you, giving up inside like me.
#25Lightning BoltPosted 5/17/2013 5:51:22 AM(edited)
Sephiroth C Ryu posted...
You know how you don't really focus on DPS in ANY class during certain boss mechanics until they end, and just use some low end easy to spam ability until you can focus more again?

N... no?
Do you really just spam e.g. Devastate during bosses? Wtf?
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#26koujimorenoPosted 5/17/2013 6:15:36 AM
RetributionV2 posted...

Good lord, I always see people doing this now. Cancer being imported from 4chan.
#27redundanciesPosted 5/17/2013 9:55:49 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
You know how you don't really focus on DPS in ANY class during certain boss mechanics until they end, and just use some low end easy to spam ability until you can focus more again?

N... no?

I'm assuming he meant only during specific mechanics like Durumu's eyesore phase, when staying alive becomes much more difficult.
#28angrywalrus13Posted 5/17/2013 10:02:01 AM
>cancer
>imported

lol
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#29Lightning BoltPosted 5/17/2013 10:11:40 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...

N... no?

I'm assuming he meant only during specific mechanics like Durumu's eyesore phase, when staying alive becomes much more difficult.

So even as a melee you just... stop doing your rotation then?
Still wtf...
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#30_MorningStarPosted 5/17/2013 10:53:58 AM

>mfw nublets don't know what mfw means

http://i.imgur.com/Z5RHH.jpg
---
#believeintheshield
http://imgur.com/La8tQDB.jpg