This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

razer mous/mechanical keyboard question

#1ryouma17Posted 5/13/2013 12:10:00 PM
was thinking of getting a razer naga molten and a mechanical keyboard, just wondering how big a difference they make in WoW?? also do they make a difference in other games too or just MMO's? i dont really play online games much and tomorrow i plan to reactivate my WoW account

also whats a good cheap mechanical keyboard
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#2Glockass1Posted 5/13/2013 12:20:24 PM
razer products are awful tbh. Mechanical keyboards are finger orgasms.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png
#3vahndragonwingPosted 5/13/2013 12:22:00 PM
Glockass1 posted...

you spelled IMO wrong
---
IMO
#4ryouma17(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:26:00 PM
thats great, still doesnt answer my questions
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#5no1oblivionfanPosted 5/13/2013 12:33:00 PM(edited)
Glockass1 posted...

I agree, only the Naga was worth getting, and now we have Logitech and Cyborg doing MMO mice. Badly made products that are only successful because of mass advertising.

To answer your question TC, get the Logitech MMO mouse, it has a better warranty first off and their products are much more better imo. And a mechanical keyboard for MMOs is pointless (Personally I think they're completely pointless unless you are typing a lot which it helps greatly with.) If your hand gets sore for whatever reason then yeah, maybe a red switched mechanical keyboard might work, but otherwise I'd ignore it.

And yes MMO mice make a big difference IMO. At least for me as I'm not comfortable using several keybinds on my keyboard. For other games like FPS I prefer a lighter mouse, but that's just preference.

So to summarize, just get a MMO mouse, not necessarily the Naga.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#6Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 5/13/2013 12:37:08 PM
The naga is good for giving you 36 or so extra quick keybinds all at a thumb press. Addin on M3, M4, and M5 which respond to shift, you gain an additional 12 possible binds. Granted, I tend to run my naga on the num pad option so my num line can be used for other spammings.

As for mechanicals, such as the Razor anasi, it's all around awesome. It's quieter at times, and makes it harder to accidentally depress a key. The quick access 8-= on the far left also lets you get to those buttons with your pinky, thus never having to move your hand from the wasd base.

If you are a keybinder type, either setups work wonderfully. Also, they have addons that you can implement, such as a bartender style addon.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#7Glockass1Posted 5/13/2013 12:51:10 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
Glockass1 posted...

you spelled IMO wrong

Lycosa -> plastic piece of garbage
naga -> plastic piece of garbage with double clicking issues
carcharias -> muddiest headset in history (rofl and to think that I bought something other than sennheiser in the first place)

Only good product is the Goliathus mouse pad and Deathadder.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png
#8vahndragonwingPosted 5/13/2013 12:54:33 PM
Glockass1 posted...
vahndragonwing posted...
Glockass1 posted...

you spelled IMO wrong

carcharias -> muddiest headset in history (rofl and to think that I bought something other than sennheiser in the first place)

lol

alright then

>hasn't had any of those issues and rocks all razer products, using a gen1 naga and anansi for years and just got the tiamat 7.1, best sounding headset i've ever heard

im glad you enlightened me to those facts

even though they're completely based on your experience, making it an opinion
---
IMO
#9amzgspydermanPosted 5/13/2013 12:56:13 PM
logitech makes far better mice than razer. get a g700.
---
"There is no reputation vendor that I'm aware of that sells a 'Cloak of What-the-hell-is-going on." - Lore
#10no1oblivionfanPosted 5/13/2013 12:57:05 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
Glockass1 posted...
vahndragonwing posted...
Glockass1 posted...

you spelled IMO wrong

lol

alright then

>hasn't had any of those issues and rocks all razer products, using a gen1 naga and anansi for years and just got the tiamat 7.1, best sounding headset i've ever heard

im glad you enlightened me to those facts

even though they're completely based on your experience, making it an opinion

There is a double clicking issue with the Naga however, look it up. And try something other than Razer, trust me, you won't regret it.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e