This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some guy just whispered me and said it took 600 hours to hit level 60

#21TheGreatCheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 8:59:03 PM
I always remember seeing those guides for 1-70 in 7 days but I never thought it would be 7 days /played. 600 hours just sounds like way too much time to level.

Though I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth when it comes to leveling experience, being from Wrath/Cata.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#22Devil_wings00Posted 5/13/2013 9:17:23 PM
I remember it took me 12 days played to get my first character to 60 about a year after the game was out.

Honestly 600 is a bit much but not out of the realm of possibility. Remember during vanilla all the content wasn't stacked at end game. The game was built so when you gained about 10 levels you stopped and journeyed out to the new set of dungeons available. Dungeons content was also stretched across 5-10 levels so you had to go back to certain dungeons more then once at a later level to clear later bosses. Questing was also far FAR less intuitive. You had to read quest text and if worse came to worse go to websites that told you where to go to do a quest.

Leveling took longer but the game really didn't want you to rush to 60 either and not being max level wasn't a crime back then. I knew more then a few people who stopped leveling for long periods of time just go find groups to go do dungeon runs of the dungeons at and around their level. Took my friend 18 days game played to get his mage to 60 because he stopped and geared up and had fun with the leveling instead of just blindly rushing to 60.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#23TheGreatCheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 9:24:50 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
I remember it took me 12 days played to get my first character to 60 about a year after the game was out.

Honestly 600 is a bit much but not out of the realm of possibility. Remember during vanilla all the content wasn't stacked at end game. The game was built so when you gained about 10 levels you stopped and journeyed out to the new set of dungeons available. Dungeons content was also stretched across 5-10 levels so you had to go back to certain dungeons more then once at a later level to clear later bosses. Questing was also far FAR less intuitive. You had to read quest text and if worse came to worse go to websites that told you where to go to do a quest.

Leveling took longer but the game really didn't want you to rush to 60 either and not being max level wasn't a crime back then. I knew more then a few people who stopped leveling for long periods of time just go find groups to go do dungeon runs of the dungeons at and around their level. Took my friend 18 days game played to get his mage to 60 because he stopped and geared up and had fun with the leveling instead of just blindly rushing to 60.

Oh, well that just gave me an entirely new perspective on things. Now 600 hours seems slightly less insane.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#24littlebro07Posted 5/13/2013 9:34:58 PM
Made my first character June 2005
Hit level 60 May 2006

>_>

I think it was about 17-18 days /played. I spent a lot of time getting owned in BGs, exploring, and doing stupid s*** with my guildmates. Good times.
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#25nerifes88Posted 5/13/2013 11:01:41 PM
I reached 48 to 80 in 1 second.

Thanks Scroll of Res. :D

Other than that... I have yet to even have a legit level 60.. Granted my playing is really really really off and on XD
---
A slime appears! OMG!
#26RaichuS14Posted 5/14/2013 12:22:31 AM
It took me about a month to get to level 30, with messing around and stuff on the side, so I can see that being possible if he wasn't trying to speed through it.
#27SuperSaiyanTienPosted 5/14/2013 5:01:01 AM
FreezingMoon posted...
Morgasaurus posted...
Leveling protection took me longer: 23 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes, 18 seconds. How do I know that?

http://home.comcast.net/~morgasaurus/ding.jpg

There were a lot of Zaxby's runs added into that time though, and doing lots of dungeons with people in the 40's and 50's essentially got me into a good raiding guild at 60.

Wow that takes me back.

You gained HP!
Strength
Agility
Stamina
Spirit!!

a talent point!

Yeah, it's a shame how far the game has fallen =/

Genocet_10-325 posted...
TheGreatCheeze posted...
Jeez, I'm glad I wasn't around for that

To put it in to perspective, you know how everyone dreads going to outland now because of how much it sucks? Back in TBC the 50-58 stretch was so excruciating, to most people, going to outland was the best thing ever and most people absolutely loved it.People would go to HFP at 56 just to grind helboars until 58 because of how horrible it was to do so in the old world.

The crappy 50-60 stretch now where your options are running BRD 80 times or getting ganked in Blasted Lands is nothing compared to the pre-cata, pre-lfd, and pre-2.3 exp nerf 50-58 stretch.

Oh my god...yes.

Back then, if you made it through Classic and actually hit 70...you knew how much you had achieved. You knew how to play your class because of all the BS you had to deal with in order to reach level cap.

I remember going to HFP at 55 (I was a warlock) and I had so much fun taking on as many boars as I could and getting the 750 experience a pop (which was a HUGE deal back then) and during darkmoon faire with +10% experience scroll and rested? yeah, way better than Sithilis.
---
2365 4944 5716(Pokemon White Pal Code)
4469 3684 6040 (Platinum Pal Code)
#28colstripcapnPosted 5/14/2013 5:49:35 AM
This thread is making me all nostalgic haha.

You realize how many of us sound like old fogies right now? "Back in my day we had to walk uphill in waist deep snow both ways!"

I started seriously playing a couple months before TBC. I had grand designs in my head of reaching 60 by launch so I could join in at the initial rush when everything was still new. I made it into the 40's. Haha!

But I did make it up to 60 and join into TBC while there were still people willing to run non-endgame dungeons. There was no LFD tool back then. I felt proud to hit 70, and immediately started the quest series to get a key to Kara.

But anyways, yes, it did take days of actual play time to reach max level. Even with a guide.
#29DarkOmen_XPosted 5/14/2013 5:54:21 AM
Glockass1 posted...
I remember clearly farming mobs for 10 hours in lineage 2 to get around 1,5%-2% XP.

Oh yes I remember that very well. Crazy level grind in that game. My father still plays it haha.
---
Gamer Tag: D4RK OMEN
#304sakuraHa0Posted 5/14/2013 6:19:06 AM
TheGreatCheeze posted...
during Classic.

wat

All new players need to be grateful with the total amount of time they spent to get to max level. And most of them still complained.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.