This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the main reason on why you don't play the opposing faction?

#31rkade8583Posted 5/13/2013 11:05:10 PM
I play Alliance now because Garrosh makes me feel like a war criminal every time I sign in on my main.
---
Steam/Skype/XBLA: RKade8583 LoL: RKade the Tank
I'm almost blind. If you think that's a problem then you haven't seen my skills. Spite motivates, believe me.
#32ElaeusPosted 5/13/2013 11:41:50 PM
I like both factions for different reason, but I do favor Horde even though I started as Alliance in classic.

Now that I am thinking about it, the reason I am Horde is that I am in the same guild for 6 years, and I DO prefer to remain Horde, but long run? Yeah I can totally see myself rerolling on the Alliance side if a miracle happened and I left this guild which I been with again for over 6 years. Won't even stop there and say "I will miss Horde" even if that's true because like I said I like both for different reasons.

In fact, I wish a miracle happens and I start fresh on the Alliance. I won't faction change any of my current characters because their accomplishments in my eyes belong to the Horde, but I would totally be up to starting a new.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#33spankie666Posted 5/14/2013 12:13:47 AM
Because its too much of a mission to start again. I love horde, in fact I have a horde tattoo. Yet I play alliance. Why? because I have invested too much time into my (once upon a time) alt and now developed a love for that class/character. "Why not just race change him?" you ask because I play with a friend who prefers alliance.
#34GateCaptainPosted 5/14/2013 12:15:52 AM
Cynghanedd posted...
I'm an adult, why would I play anything but Alliance?

hehe The sad thing is most kids roll horde on my server :( and I like the horde so I either restart on a new sever and.....take a year to re-earn all my stuff. Or I suffer Alliance BS.
#35thebladeofwoePosted 5/14/2013 12:29:55 AM
I main an alliance warrior. But my alt is a resto/ele horde shaman.

Trolls are awesome, i love the starting area and org, yet i love SW too.

Once my main is capped and geared (as geared as one gets, while being a LFR hero right?) i will continue my sexy shaman.
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#36ishingo69Posted 5/14/2013 2:46:13 AM
I usually pick humans as my first character in games, which obviously sent me to the Alliance. Like someone said earlier, familiarity kept me there. But, when I tried Horde, I noticed the players were......let's just say "not nice". I knew my class, but I didn't know the locations of things (Org is confusing), and people would curse me out for asking questions of almost any kind. Yeah, I could google anything, but why would I want to be part of a community that wouldn't WANT to help a "new" player out. And I won't even start on dungeon party behavior.
---
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos ffor the fly"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/silversyn/simple
#37gamefaqwatcherPosted 5/14/2013 2:51:40 AM
I played alliance because i wanted to play dwarf. Nothing about lore or good /bad sides. I didn't bother to play horde because i prefered spending the time elsewhere.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#38Glockass1Posted 5/14/2013 3:26:19 AM
We got bored playing Horde for 4 years straight so me and my friends decided to go Alliance.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png
#39redundanciesPosted 5/14/2013 4:10:49 AM
My friends played Horde when I started and I stuck with it ever since. I do have an Alliance character that I dust off every now and then, but have only played it a little bit in Pandaria.
#40GiantwaspfacePosted 5/14/2013 4:41:17 AM(edited)
The Alliance races are just so... boring. Humans, short humans, even shorter humans, purple humans with big ears, werewolf humans, and those blue goat things with man-boobs.

Oh, and for the most part, they aren't even interesting variations on those over-done fantasy races; they are the most cliched and boring possible. Dwarfs drink beer, elves are tree huggers, blah de blah de blah...

---
"I told you I was ill"
-Spike Milligan's epitaph.