This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Easiest healer for a first time healer?

#1Over_9000_Posted 5/13/2013 10:04:33 PM
Trying to decide which of my characters (sans monk) I should try to build a healing set for.
#2TheGreatCheezePosted 5/13/2013 10:13:33 PM
Disc priest is pretty simple, and fun once you get atonement. Next I would say Druid or Shaman, at least for the leveling process. Never tried Holy healing.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#3Over_9000_(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 10:15:58 PM
Oh, well except for monk, I have every class at 85-90. Priest is 90, although I'm thinking of leveling a fresh one just to get a feel for the spec rather than blindly jumping into it.
#4AtcatPosted 5/13/2013 10:27:34 PM
If you want to be a good healer endgame, go Paladin or Shaman.
#5TheGreatCheezePosted 5/13/2013 10:28:33 PM
Hmm, maybe just try out healing in BGs then so you can get a feel for it without having to level a new one. Or just get a crash course by queueing for normals, those should be okay. There's always noxxic or whatever the cool kids go to so you can read up on what spells to focus on.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#6thebladeofwoePosted 5/14/2013 1:43:53 AM
Druid or shaman. Both are awesome for first timers and endgame.
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#7Glockass1Posted 5/14/2013 2:10:42 AM
Disc priest is pretty easy.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png
#8ElaeusPosted 5/14/2013 2:23:18 AM
Atcat posted...

Shaman is the embodiment of crap healer endgame at the moment in advanced PvE - this guy knows nothing about the competitive scene.

They remain the easiest to play along discipline priests, so i would highly recommend them for healing 101.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#9KreyynPosted 5/14/2013 6:59:09 AM
Elaeus posted...
Atcat posted...

Shaman is the embodiment of crap healer endgame at the moment in advanced PvE - this guy knows nothing about the competitive scene.

They remain the easiest to play along discipline priests, so i would highly recommend them for healing 101.

What are you talking about? Resto shamans own.
---
i7 2600k || SLi GTX 580 || Optx AW2310 ||
http://i.imgur.com/zSkO2.jpg "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles." Babylon 5.
#10ElaeusPosted 5/14/2013 7:51:31 AM
Kreyyn posted...
Elaeus posted...
Atcat posted...

What are you talking about? Resto shamans own.

You're just too good, it's not like I don't know you or seen some of your reports. The same way I could outheal everyone in t11hc while my class was supposdely lacking originally (but got better as the tier progressed).

In a setup that uses 2 healers on 10hc, the better combos consist of either classes with absorbs (those are hands down your best bet) paladins and priests, or classes with good mana regen like crit build monks. Resto shaman simply doesn't work as effecient for the most part, but I did heal as a holy pala with our enhancement shaman (his OS resto and was originally MS resto in Cata and post that before joining us in early t14hc).

Do you 3 heal by the way like alot of groups I see? Might see that working with resto shamans. For two healer groups sorry, the average groups (if you could call people doing heroics that) are better off with the above mentioned classes. Our dps and the dps of many groups still progressing heroic ToT can be a bit lacking even at this point to allow that, but better group can pull off some fights on 3 healers, another factor.

Also bear in mind you'er past the progression phase, nothing matters for your group anymore and your group isn't like mine (or the most) where we are still making progression, so that also explains it.

What's your current progress by the way?
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.