This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Easiest healer for a first time healer?

#11thebladeofwoePosted 5/14/2013 7:04:28 AM
^ i am grabbing popcorn for the show, anyone want some?

"pulls up chair, ready for the arguments."
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#12ElaeusPosted 5/14/2013 7:07:07 AM
thebladeofwoe posted...
^ i am grabbing popcorn for the show, anyone want some?

"pulls up chair, ready for the arguments."

What show? Me and Kreynn got a very respecting online buddy sort of relationship since I admire his progression - I actually said in the opening of that post that he's too good and I seen some of his healing reports.

Bad attempt to fish in muddy water to be honest.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#13CPLBradleyPosted 5/14/2013 7:09:54 AM
The easiest I've ever had was my holy paladin. Beacon of light makes all leveling content stupid easy, plus they get a few powerful instant cast spells, so that comes in extra handy too. I can't comment on endgame though as I've only gotten to 87 on it so far.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#14ElaeusPosted 5/14/2013 7:13:15 AM
CPLBradley posted...
The easiest I've ever had was my holy paladin. Beacon of light makes all leveling content stupid easy, plus they get a few powerful instant cast spells, so that comes in extra handy too. I can't comment on endgame though as I've only gotten to 87 on it so far.

And it's back to being stupid easy at max level like it was in WotLK and unlike the golden era of Cata where you actually did alot more than just healing as a hpala, but we still have passive mana regen issues but non existent with current healing model.

Plus good healers employ alot more tools than what average joe healer does normally but this applies to all classes. The problem is usually whether or not you have the tools to employ in relevant content.
---
#15AssultTankPosted 5/14/2013 1:18:12 PM(edited)
I have to agree with Elaeus. I main a Resto Shaman and there are quite a few frustrating mechanics to healing on him that make Shamans this tier pretty crappy.

1) Absorbs prevent me from even benefiting from mastery. We're balanced around having good use of said mastery.
2) When spread I have to spam single target heals or use a specific glyph to chain heal then single target. There are a lot of fights where the group is spread to the corners of the earth.
3) I can only heal while moving about every 2 minutes. Only two instant casts, one of which which is weaker than Rejuve and has a six second cooldown, the other has a fifteen second cooldown and is really weak. The only reason to use it is to power up other heals. There is a lot of movement in ToT.

I run with a Resto Druid and a Disc Priest who mostly just uses his Atonement abilities. I'm the emergency healer. When fit hits the shan, I'm the one who saves the group. Other than that, I'm not that great.

However, I have a lot of abilities to make fights less stressful. I think in ToT, I've found a use for every single totem and about 90% of my non-totem abilities. I still haven't found a good use for the Taunt from Rockbiter Weapon, but I have found times where switching it on can help me.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#16KreyynPosted 5/14/2013 1:41:39 PM
Elaeus posted...
Kreyyn posted...
Elaeus posted...
Atcat posted...
If you want to be a good healer endgame, go Paladin or Shaman.

Shaman is the embodiment of crap healer endgame at the moment in advanced PvE - this guy knows nothing about the competitive scene.

They remain the easiest to play along discipline priests, so i would highly recommend them for healing 101.

What are you talking about? Resto shamans own.

You're just too good, it's not like I don't know you or seen some of your reports. The same way I could outheal everyone in t11hc while my class was supposdely lacking originally (but got better as the tier progressed).

In a setup that uses 2 healers on 10hc, the better combos consist of either classes with absorbs (those are hands down your best bet) paladins and priests, or classes with good mana regen like crit build monks. Resto shaman simply doesn't work as effecient for the most part, but I did heal as a holy pala with our enhancement shaman (his OS resto and was originally MS resto in Cata and post that before joining us in early t14hc).

Do you 3 heal by the way like alot of groups I see? Might see that working with resto shamans. For two healer groups sorry, the average groups (if you could call people doing heroics that) are better off with the above mentioned classes. Our dps and the dps of many groups still progressing heroic ToT can be a bit lacking even at this point to allow that, but better group can pull off some fights on 3 healers, another factor.

Also bear in mind you'er past the progression phase, nothing matters for your group anymore and your group isn't like mine (or the most) where we are still making progression, so that also explains it.

What's your current progress by the way?

Been 13/13 heroic for 3 weeks now.

TBH I'd argue that disc rsham is just as strong as disc hpal.
---
i7 2600k || SLi GTX 580 || Optx AW2310 ||
http://i.imgur.com/zSkO2.jpg "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles." Babylon 5.
#17ElaeusPosted 5/14/2013 1:59:17 PM
Kreyyn posted...
Elaeus posted...
Kreyyn posted...
Elaeus posted...
Atcat posted...
If you want to be a good healer endgame, go Paladin or Shaman.

Shaman is the embodiment of crap healer endgame at the moment in advanced PvE - this guy knows nothing about the competitive scene.

They remain the easiest to play along discipline priests, so i would highly recommend them for healing 101.

What are you talking about? Resto shamans own.

You're just too good, it's not like I don't know you or seen some of your reports. The same way I could outheal everyone in t11hc while my class was supposdely lacking originally (but got better as the tier progressed).

In a setup that uses 2 healers on 10hc, the better combos consist of either classes with absorbs (those are hands down your best bet) paladins and priests, or classes with good mana regen like crit build monks. Resto shaman simply doesn't work as effecient for the most part, but I did heal as a holy pala with our enhancement shaman (his OS resto and was originally MS resto in Cata and post that before joining us in early t14hc).

Do you 3 heal by the way like alot of groups I see? Might see that working with resto shamans. For two healer groups sorry, the average groups (if you could call people doing heroics that) are better off with the above mentioned classes. Our dps and the dps of many groups still progressing heroic ToT can be a bit lacking even at this point to allow that, but better group can pull off some fights on 3 healers, another factor.

Also bear in mind you'er past the progression phase, nothing matters for your group anymore and your group isn't like mine (or the most) where we are still making progression, so that also explains it.

What's your current progress by the way?

Been 13/13 heroic for 3 weeks now.

TBH I'd argue that disc rsham is just as strong as disc hpal.

I'll give you that I didn't try this combo as the missing element ... Or let's say rather the more present element is me the holy pala. As I said our discipline priest has finals at the moment . He's our go-to healer with me usually so you can imagine the blow our healing team took this tier but we're still going relatively strong.

Honestly, discipline and shaman combo sounds interesting, again I will give you that.

So I take it you didn't 3 heal anything during progression?
And did you take 3 tanks to Dark Animus? Because that factors in as well.

(still talking hc ofc)
---
#18Glockass1Posted 5/14/2013 2:50:41 PM
all I know is that a well played resto shaman can make any caster his b in pvp
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png
#19KreyynPosted 5/14/2013 7:37:29 PM
Yeah we 3 tank heroic animus, rsham disc 2 heal. Could probably 2 tank it now but since our first kill we've gotten repeat kills usually under 3 attempts anyway so no need to change really.
---
i7 2600k || SLi GTX 580 || Optx AW2310 ||
http://i.imgur.com/zSkO2.jpg "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles." Babylon 5.