This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bad luck streak protection

#1piplupzeroPosted 5/14/2013 4:26:44 PM
So with patch 5.3 getting even closer I was wondering how it worked related to the coins. Basically: Could you game the system by using elder coins to get gold a few times in a row then use your mogu runes once you feel you've stacked it enough? Could you possibly even do this to game normal/heroic?
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#2amzgspydermanPosted 5/14/2013 4:31:46 PM(edited)
piplupzero posted...
So with patch 5.3 getting even closer I was wondering how it worked related to the coins. Basically: Could you game the system by using elder coins to get gold a few times in a row then use your mogu runes once you feel you've stacked it enough?

if you could control whether or not you got gold there'd be no need for bad luck streak protection to begin with.
---
"There is no reputation vendor that I'm aware of that sells a 'Cloak of What-the-hell-is-going on." - Lore
#3angrywalrus13Posted 5/14/2013 4:31:31 PM
I'm positive it will be a much more passive system that has more variables than a stacking "buff" that boosts your chances. I don't think being able to game it is in the cards at all.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4piplupzero(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 4:36:41 PM
amzgspyderman posted...
piplupzero posted...
So with patch 5.3 getting even closer I was wondering how it worked related to the coins. Basically: Could you game the system by using elder coins to get gold a few times in a row then use your mogu runes once you feel you've stacked it enough?

if you could control whether or not you got gold there'd be no need for bad luck streak protection to begin with.

The point ->

Your head ->
---
#5GreatDrakePosted 5/14/2013 6:08:32 PM
I'm not positive but I heard it was that each time you use a charm/rune on a specific boss the next time on that boss you're more likely to get loot. If I'm right it wouldn't work plus with the increased chance for loot to drop in the earlier lfr's it may be a problem to get the buff up very high to begin with.
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#6piplupzero(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:48:35 PM
GreatDrake posted...
I'm not positive but I heard it was that each time you use a charm/rune on a specific boss the next time on that boss you're more likely to get loot. If I'm right it wouldn't work plus with the increased chance for loot to drop in the earlier lfr's it may be a problem to get the buff up very high to begin with.

It works per specific boss? That's interesting. I've heard regular and bonus rolls protection is separate so it will only increase week by week. Not optimal but its still more than I asked for :P Thx blizz anyway!
---