This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I remember in vanilla WoW...

#21CPLBradleyPosted 5/16/2013 10:14:41 AM
I would think it's impossible because most of the time your s*** just misses anyway.
---
Let's f***ing riot!
I'm like the male version of Taylor Swift. ~ Doofe_2012
#22BombermanGoldPosted 5/16/2013 10:25:14 AM
Could a 25-Man of level 40s take down a level 90 that was barely trying?

I give the player behind the level 90 about 15 minutes of dancing in place until someone gets a lucky shot off, then a single AoE = all people in immediate area DEAD.

The jump in stats alone from 85 to 90 is outright obscene. Makes me wonder how much bigger things will get from 90-100.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#23Sephiroth C RyuPosted 5/16/2013 5:06:24 PM
Well, HP jumps tend to be about 2-4x each time an expansion comes along. Seems to almost be 5 for panda.

Tanks next expansion by the final raid will likely be able to hit 2 million without stacking stamina gems. And earlier if they do stack them.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#24piplupzeroPosted 5/16/2013 6:32:19 PM
No. I main a monk so I wouldn't have to hit any buttons, One parry and bye bye lowbies.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#25BirgitteSilverPosted 5/16/2013 7:07:43 PM
AoEs have a target limit. Against more targets damage drops dramatically.

I'm not saying that a 90 couldn't win, but one aoe probably wouldn't do it.
#26WaffIeElitePosted 5/16/2013 8:54:48 PM
RPGphreak posted...
I remember...

when CC effects weren't limited to 10 seconds on players.

Succubus Soulfire cheese was the best thing ever. Except for bugged Sweeping Strikes/Whirlwind/Retaliation combo. Glorious.
#27MarndosPosted 5/16/2013 9:07:05 PM
The mathematical scaling from 40-90 (and even 60-90) is such that even level 60s would stand no chance. Even if their attacks hit (most of the time they won't) they would only deal a few damage. Same for AOEs. I would suspect a Troll at least would be able to regenerate health in combat faster than 25 level 40s (or 60s) could damage him.

Those of you saying the lowbies have any chance whatsoever do not understand just how extreme the scaling is between 40/60-90.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#28BirgitteSilverPosted 5/17/2013 4:04:51 AM
Marndos posted...
Those of you saying the lowbies have any chance whatsoever do not understand just how extreme the scaling is between 40/60-90.

Way to rail against something that not one person in the thread said! Go you!
#29redundanciesPosted 5/17/2013 6:14:56 AM
BirgitteSilver posted...
AoEs have a target limit. Against more targets damage drops dramatically.

I'm not saying that a 90 couldn't win, but one aoe probably wouldn't do it.

As of 5.2 the area damage cap is 20 targets. A 25 man raid would not reduce the damage by much, and AOEs at max level hit pretty frickin hard.
#30The_AbhorrentPosted 5/17/2013 8:16:18 AM
"Barely trying" wouldn't be the right term, but in theory this can (and likely has) been done.

"Controlled" would be much more accurate, as the "boss" would have to carefully restraining themselves such that the lower level players don't spontaeneously combust. Using (much) weaker than normal weapons would be advisable as well. Player stat scaling is (or at least was, can't be much better) rather absurd, so carelessness is likely to be just as dangerous to lower levels as going all out.

... Until the "enrage timer" runs out, that is.
---
He who isn't afraid to stand by his ideals...
Isn't afraid to stand alone.