This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So patch 5.4 will have a raid that is similar in size to Throne of Thunder.

#1ElaeusPosted 5/16/2013 2:31:06 PM
Thoughts? I didn't see this coming myself. Was expecting 8 bosses.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#2piplupzeroPosted 5/16/2013 2:32:48 PM
Meh, It could be one boss for all I care. Im still going to have to give up my lovely tanking monk 2pc bonus /cry
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#3Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:34:31 PM
At least monks were useful this tier.

lol t14
---
#4SulticunePosted 5/16/2013 2:50:35 PM
I know that feel... Guardian 2pc tier 15 is so awesome.

12 is a bit much I think, 9 is great.

Imagine how <3 it would be if Blizz put in an Orc boss called Abesik Kampfire?
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#5bstbllPosted 5/16/2013 3:02:38 PM
I'm all for it. I just hope they take out the linearity. Even though most guilds still took the same/similar routes through ICC and Ulduar, it was nice to have the choice.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#6Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 3:09:02 PM
Yeah I never understood this linaerity issue. I mean the only difference it made was t11hc progression for us, but when things get on farm they went always:

FL > Ignis > Razorscale > XT > Council > Kolgoran > Auriaya > Thorim > Hodir > Freya > Mimiron

Storming the Citadel > Putricide wing > Blood Queen wing > Sindragosa wing

BWD: Omno > Magmaw > Maloriak > Atra > Chimae

FL: Shannox > Beth > Rhy > Alysra > Baleroc

in DS we went Zon'ozz first always

t14: MGV > HoF > ToES

Seriously not a ****ing thing changed for us now...
---
#7AmakusaPosted 5/16/2013 3:32:37 PM(edited)
Elaeus posted...
Yeah I never understood this linaerity issue. I mean the only difference it made was t11hc progression for us, but when things get on farm they went always:

Seriously not a ****ing thing changed for us now...

Funny, those orders are different from what my guild did.

Ulduar: FL > XT > Kologarn > 4 guardians (yes, we skipped those other guys, no point after a certain time)

ICC: first four > Blood Wing > Plague Wing > Frost Wing (sometimes it was Plague last)

BWD: Magmaw > Omnitron > Chimaeron > Atramedes > Maloriak

FL: Beth'tilac > Shannox > Rhyolith > Alysrazor
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#8Sephiroth C RyuPosted 5/16/2013 3:47:24 PM
The issue is that later in the expansion, you can't just take out the "introductory sector" and go straight to the bosses you want to work on.

You have to take out EVERY SINGLE BOSS until that boss. And you can't farm the later ones you do have down unless you do spend time mucking through all the ones you have looted dry already, some of which may very well have mechanics that are so sensitive that a single newer member can force a wipe or two by their mistakes alone.

And more annoyingly, it also means mucking through sometimes-irksome trash all the way there as well.

Basically, if you want to actually progress later on, you pretty much have to spend 6 or more hours worth of raiding a week just to get through all the bosses up to your current one and all the purposely-time-consuming trash that lies between them.

Later in progression with a branching raid, you may just skip a wing you already have looted a lot for a different wing where you can still get a bunch good equips from having it "on farm." And then you may go to the wing you are currently working with.

Linearity is great if you want to make content last as long as possible. But its horrid if you are actually wanting to make non-LFR raids casual-friendly.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#9Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 3:56:01 PM
Yeah I understand that, and as I said the non-linearity of t11hc gave us space to work on bosses people around the world were not doing to get more kill score on wowprogress (not many people did Maloriak right after Halfus on heroic). I was more referring to as in farming - for progressing it definitely helps being able to skip.

Current example in ToT: Our third heroic kill was Iron Qon. Had to squeaze an extra day so that we wipe on Horridon heroic (which we already cleared the week before) before taking out everything else up to Qon.
---
#10angrywalrus13Posted 5/16/2013 3:57:43 PM
bstbll posted...
I'm all for it. I just hope they take out the linearity. Even though most guilds still took the same/similar routes through ICC and Ulduar, it was nice to have the choice.

Hazzikostas acknowledged the linearity issue, so it's possible it will be less linear.

I'm stoked to see what else they do with Orgrimmar location-wise. They mentioned not wanting to make the same mistake as DS in terms of reusing old locations, so we might have a lot of interesting stuff hidden beneath Org.
---
Thomx
like tommicks