This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One question about Vanilla...

#1PoKeMoNsTrOsiTYPosted 5/17/2013 5:29:24 AM
And I mean within hours/days of launch.

I want to know how the economy of WoW in general began on the servers when WoW was new. When everyone started off with nothing. How did money fluctuate when everyone had so little dough?

It must have taken at least a couple months before anybody had near the amount of gold they now have these days.
#2LightElfPosted 5/17/2013 5:32:26 AM
Wts 6 slot bag I made with my tailoring, 15 silver
---
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lightelf1337/hotchick.jpg
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lightelf1337/whitepeople.gif
#3ElaeusPosted 5/17/2013 5:55:34 AM(edited)
And also there were people like me that thought it's smart to vendor herbs, buy bags, and resell bags for higher value instead of directly selling ores/herbs.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#4HakPosted 5/17/2013 5:50:05 AM
PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY posted...
And I mean within hours/days of launch.

I want to know how the economy of WoW in general began on the servers when WoW was new. When everyone started off with nothing. How did money fluctuate when everyone had so little dough?

It must have taken at least a couple months before anybody had near the amount of gold they now have these days.

Nobody in classic WoW ever had anything close to the amount of gold going around now. At 1k gold for the epic mounts at level 60, they were very rare, since the guilds that had access to reasonable amounts of cash usually had to plow it into raid repairs (tank repair costs were obscene), or mats for pots and elixirs.

These days, if you do all dailies, you can make around 1k gold in a single day. That was completely impossible in classic, and for someone to be sitting on the 20k gold that is fairly common and easy to get now would have required someone farming constantly for items that reached high prices on the AH, and never repairing their gear, for at least a year.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#5PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 7:47:44 AM
Yeah I remember when mounts used to be stupid expensive.
#6XtraTPosted 5/17/2013 8:21:28 AM
Especially since it didn't cost 1k gold at all.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#7HakPosted 5/17/2013 8:31:34 AM
The level 40 60% mount was 100g (90g for training, 10g for the mount). The level 60 100% mount was 1,000 (900g for the mount, 100g for the training). At that time, mounts didn't drop all over the place, so you had to stick with the purchased mounts and shell out the cash. Warlocks and Paladins had their class quests for mounts, but they required a bungload of materials that took the cost to a comparable level (I remember the level 60 Paladin mount quest costing me around 700g).
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa