This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does 85-90 still takje a long ass time?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does 85-90 still takje a long ass time?
2 years ago#11
rareware101 posted...
Because you're either exaggerating of if telling the truth your hardly indicative of the general population and lie way out there on that bell curve. If so, sorry, you can't use 'some poeople' in that tone :)

I'm sorry, but I wasn't aware that I was using any tone since it was typed text. I didn't realise you could infer inflection or general mood from reading something. And no, there was no exaggeration. I levelled all my 85s to 90, tried some endgame content, but since the current game model pretty much forces you into using a "main" and punishes playing multiple characters equally, I didn't see any point playing any more.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
2 years ago#12
~65xp required to level in 5.3 instead of ~97,5m we have now.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png
2 years ago#13
85-90 is not so bad , it takes some time but it is no unbearable. I remember leveling from 1-60 in Vanilla , now that took some time!
---
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle.
2 years ago#14
rareware101 posted...
Hak posted...
rareware101 posted...
Hak posted...
I thought the pacing was fine - you could get 85-90 in 3 of the zones without much difficulty. However, some people still think that's too long and Blizzard have given in and will be reducing XP required to get from 85-90 in the next patch.

First or second time yes. Taking your fifth trip through sucks and that's what the nerf mainly addresses.

Done it 15 times before I quit. Still thought the pacing was fine.

Did you climb Everest too? Go to the bottom of the Marianas Trench? Bet you went into space before everybody else as well...

I did it 9 times so far, does that mean I have to have climbed Everest as well? I'm not going to get upset about the exp nerf or anything, but I agree with Hak, I went through it plenty and thought it was pretty well paced.
---
IMO
2 years ago#15
vahndragonwing posted...
rareware101 posted...
Hak posted...
rareware101 posted...
Hak posted...
I thought the pacing was fine - you could get 85-90 in 3 of the zones without much difficulty. However, some people still think that's too long and Blizzard have given in and will be reducing XP required to get from 85-90 in the next patch.

First or second time yes. Taking your fifth trip through sucks and that's what the nerf mainly addresses.

Done it 15 times before I quit. Still thought the pacing was fine.

Did you climb Everest too? Go to the bottom of the Marianas Trench? Bet you went into space before everybody else as well...

I did it 9 times so far, does that mean I have to have climbed Everest as well? I'm not going to get upset about the exp nerf or anything, but I agree with Hak, I went through it plenty and thought it was pretty well paced.

No. At best you climbed Mt Krizevac. I didn't feel like looking up and doing the math for a comparable depth to the Marianas trench, though.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
2 years ago#16
I didn't know 18 hours was a long ass time.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
2 years ago#17
Goo posted...
85-90 is not so bad , it takes some time but it is no unbearable. I remember leveling from 1-60 in Vanilla , now that took some time!

Try FFXI pre-exp rings and ToAU, casual.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
2 years ago#18
Hak posted...
I levelled all my 85s to 90, tried some endgame content, but since the current game model pretty much forces you into using a "main" and punishes playing multiple characters equally, I didn't see any point playing any more.

Most people don't have the enormous free time it takes to play 15 characters, they have time maybe to play 2 or 3. You're definitely a rare case. I think it's pretty silly to say you have 15 characters and complain about the game not being friendly enough to alts. There are quite a few things which make maintaining alts easy in this expansion. Raid Finder allows you to easily gear alts and experience raid content on them, when you cap valor points on one character you earn bonus valor on the rest of your toons, once you get revered with a faction on one toon all characters on your account now will gain rep twice as quickly, etc. They're making things for alts even easier in the next patch.

It's also weird for someone who feels the game isn't alt friendly enough to also feel that something that makes leveling alts faster is unneeded.
---
New York Yankees 27-16
2 years ago#19
Levelling other characters is easy. I have nowhere near the time to play that many of them in the current game though. Was different in TBC, WotLK and Cata, where logging in and running a random with each one once a week or so would see me get something eventually, but with the current system that's not happening. I like playing at my own pace, and if you honestly think that LFR is a) "raid content", or b) easy gearing, then you're naive. Getting rep twice as quickly is a help, but also a total waste of time since the VP grind is still there.

You're also seemingly focused on only what to do at level cap. The fun of playing other characters is actually experiencing the content in different ways, including leveling. The fact you even refer to other characters as "alts", as opposed to the way I play which is giving equal time to all my characters - and I say again that this has been perfectly viable for 7 years of the game's life - basically suggests that your outlook on things is different to mine, so I'm not going to expect you to even get my complaint in the first place. However it really comes down to a simple choice... "Do I want to give Blizzard money for something which I don't enjoy, due to the changes they made which force people to play in a specific way?" and my answer was "No."
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does 85-90 still takje a long ass time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived