This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't be the only one that enjoyed Lei Shen as a villain, MkII

#1ElaeusPosted 5/20/2013 5:44:54 AM
(Sorry, closed the first one by mistake cuz can't GFAQs while LFR properly it seems.)
link to the other one:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/66236865

Of course he was introduced only in Pandaria so there is no way he's on a huge scale threat as Kael'thas, Arthas or Deathwing were to make title villain, but with slightly more development he would've became a good title villain if we didn't know the final boss of the expansion in advance, and certainly a boss fight and an evil guy to be remembered in my book.

Plus take a look at Illidan; OF COURSE you can't compare them since Illidan is a very good developed character but he wasn't a worldly threat to begin with and still he's very popular.

Anyone else feels the same way?
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#2HakPosted 5/20/2013 5:46:29 AM
Can't take any raid involving trolls seriously am afraid. They've become the comedy villains of WoW.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#3Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 5:52:24 AM
Really? I would LOVE a Rastakhan raid, but his fate is unknown currently.
---
#4piplupzeroPosted 5/20/2013 6:41:57 AM
Yes. You are the ONLY person out of 8 million that likes the thunder king. Literally
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#5redundanciesPosted 5/20/2013 6:48:21 AM
It's nice to see a WoW villain who's just straight up evil, and not some flavor of corrupted. Lei Shen makes no apologies for how he used to rule the known world with an iron fist and seeks to do so again.
#6Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 6:50:55 AM
redundancies posted...
It's nice to see a WoW villain who's just straight up evil, and not some flavor of corrupted. Lei Shen makes no apologies for how he used to rule the known world with an iron fist and seeks to do so again.

Yeah I mean you see this pit you mentioned; guy got resurrected to be evil all over again, like he just slept overnight. Clearly this isn't the first instance where this was used, but I like this theme.
---
#7lunchbox2042Posted 5/20/2013 6:50:59 AM
He is one of the few bosses that is just evil and not corrupt which is a nice change of pace from almost every other end boss.
---
GT: Mr Fn Lunchbox
#8The Ancient DragonPosted 5/20/2013 7:00:11 AM
I like him a lot as well. I wish I could've been on the Zandalari/Mogu side.
---
Content.
#9Lightning BoltPosted 5/20/2013 7:05:41 AM
He seems like he could be interesting, as has been said above, for not being just corrupt or something stupid. He has logical reasons for doing what he's doing other than hurrdurr.

But he has no personality at all. I've not seen any real dialogue or activity or anything about him except for the fact that he drops purplez!! so I can't really say I like him. Totally bland and faceless.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#10angrywalrus13Posted 5/20/2013 7:43:39 AM
As I said before, he needed more presence outside of the raid to give him more personality. I really like the mogu in general for just being huge, unapologetic, entitled jerks but they didn't really get one character to embody that in anything more than a theoretical way.
---
Thomx
like tommicks