This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't be the only one that enjoyed Lei Shen as a villain, MkII

#11WaffIeElitePosted 5/20/2013 8:56:50 AM
Hak posted...
Can't take any raid involving trolls seriously am afraid. They've become the comedy villains of WoW.

This, and yeah, Lei Shen was kind of just thrown in as a "Hey, this guy is here for some reason. Stabbity stab!".

Given, it was a great raid, and the best since Ulduar.
#12ChocoboMog123Posted 5/20/2013 9:30:36 AM
I really love all of MoP's story. It's succinct, it's transparent, it's presented in multiple forms so that it's hard to miss, and it really feels like you're a part of the lore.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#13TloyaPosted 5/20/2013 11:30:01 AM
I'm a fan of Mogu lore in general so the Thunder King did appeal to me. I think he probably could have been used a little better in the IoT questlines since at present he just powers up one troll and talks to Shan Bu before heading off to teleport around his little platform until we come to kill him.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#14SulticunePosted 5/20/2013 11:42:19 AM
Elaeus posted...
Really? I would LOVE a Rastakhan raid, but his fate is unknown currently.

Yes, this'd be win.

Lei Shen was awesome, the build-up to him was epic, the 5.2 trailer was absolutely fantastic, but then we got to him in ToT and it was a bit anti-climatic.

He should have been the one messing with us on Thunderwell Isle instead of Shan Boo-Hoo. He was a nobody.
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#15Ruvan22Posted 5/20/2013 12:56:46 PM
I liked finding out how he gained power (by taking some Titan mechanics, it seems) through the lore objects. Haven't done the raid yet - do they explain more in depth what exactly he did?
#16dubya_111Posted 5/20/2013 8:28:07 PM
Yep, blue chinese people with big strong bellies are the best villains.
---
"If you play halo for fun that means you either suck or you really suck" - GameFAQs god
#17KokeiiPosted 5/20/2013 9:41:20 PM
piplupzero posted...
Yes. You are the ONLY person out of 8 million that likes the thunder king. Literally

Elaeus is a woman. She HAS to be dramatic.
#18Black_Mage_MeeePosted 5/20/2013 10:10:13 PM
He has the best of hats.
---
~Kweh
#19Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 12:39:12 AM
I also think that since they went that route with Garrosh, Lei Shen worked really well in term of similarities as some kind of mirror. I imagine both characters in an artwork would be cool.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#20Hikaru_IrvingPosted 5/21/2013 10:30:41 AM
I think I'd enjoy Lei Shen (haven't been able to play lately).
---
Because when I logged off, the last thing I heard was a creepy sounding "I LIED"~Blaze