This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reading this forum topic really makes me realize raiding is dying...

#1Patrick52WillisPosted 5/23/2013 3:57:45 PM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796521581

Smolderthorn went from 73 25 mans to now just 1.........72 guilds gone.
In 10 man it was 102 to 7..........95 guilds.........

Damn :(
---
San Francisco 49ers
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q9fez/
#2realast_killaz1Posted 5/23/2013 4:01:22 PM
wow sucks
#3darkelfkillerPosted 5/23/2013 4:05:24 PM
That is depressing as hell.

A guild every 2 weeks on my server.
---
"This is it. This is your story. It all begins here."
LoL IGN: Dr Steinman, Steam ID- Drsteinman, XBL GT: Dr.Steinman, 8/3/2010, best day ever.
#4XtraTPosted 5/23/2013 4:21:52 PM
tldr of the thread: less players now than in WotlK. no ****
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#5koujimorenoPosted 5/23/2013 4:23:14 PM
I think a factor is LFR and content. You can easily see the end of raid content and the storyline via LFR, so there's less of a need to do 10 and 25 mans. Not saying it's specifically whats killing of 10 and 25 mans, just saying it's a factor.
#6DawnshadowPosted 5/23/2013 5:45:44 PM
koujimoreno posted...
I think a factor is LFR and content. You can easily see the end of raid content and the storyline via LFR, so there's less of a need to do 10 and 25 mans. Not saying it's specifically whats killing of 10 and 25 mans, just saying it's a factor.

But isn't it a good thing that all the casuals who were just in there to see the bosses and get some loot are playing LFR now, while all the awesome super-skilled hardcore devoted players who are God's gift to the game are still raiding normal and heroic mode? That's how it was supposed to work, right?
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#7Right_Chus_1Posted 5/23/2013 5:57:41 PM
I used to be a raider back in the day but lfr pretty much got me not caring about actual raiding. Its just too much of a hassle. I like lfr because i can do it whenever i want and its easy mode.

I think this same mindset is big these days.
#8mgtonvac55Posted 5/23/2013 6:02:01 PM
Dawnshadow posted...
But isn't it a good thing that all the casuals who were just in there to see the bosses and get some loot are playing LFR now, while all the awesome super-skilled hardcore devoted players who are God's gift to the game are still raiding normal and heroic mode? That's how it was supposed to work, right?

You sound bitter.
---
New York Yankees 28-18
#9ShurikoPosted 5/23/2013 7:40:03 PM
I used to be a raider back in the day but lfr pretty much got me not caring about actual raiding. Its just too much of a hassle. I like lfr because i can do it whenever i want and its easy mode.

I think this same mindset is big these days.

the bosses themselves arent even what raiding is about

it's about dicking around with some cool people you meet on the internet to try to work through a challenge together. without the sense of community (read: LFR) it isn't really what drew people to raiding in the first place
---
http://i.imgur.com/hjZqPHB.gif
#10Lightning BoltPosted 5/23/2013 11:40:13 PM(edited)
I thought you meant this forum, this GameFAQs one.
You see topics about people upgrading and coining LFR gear and you wonder what they even spend their time doing in-game if not raid. o.o

Eh, kinda yeah actually. Now that you mention it, I haven't been forced to play with bads in quite a while.
Now that people who aren't really into it are funneled into LFR and out of my view (except during those painful moments where I need to gear up an alt... ugh) the game feels a lot more fun. Punishing a daily heroic scenario with friends rather than hurrying through a terrible heroic dungeon with jerkoffs is great.

I do feel a bit more social now since, rather than playing with stupid strangers in pugs, I've had to actually use my friends list and meet people for real in order to get non terribad gear for my Monk. I had to enlist a lot of help, but I went from level 85 to ilvl 503 within 1 week thanks to people's help. :> Feels like a way more social game than it used to now that the bads are filtered out of my view.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev