This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Extremely Indecisive

#1K_Bleezy_420Posted 5/23/2013 7:53:40 PM(edited)
Ok, so this may be a bit of a "What class to be" topic, although not so much as its just me talking about how indecisive I am, and have been the whole time playing this game.

So, I am a fairly new player to WoW, I just started the game in cataclysm, right around when the deathwing raid was released. I started off with a paladin, after reaching 60 decided to make a DK, the DK was then my main for the majority of my play time, frost dk to be exact. I absolutely loved my DeathKnight, only ever went blood spec for pvp, and even then only a couple times, never liked unholy, always played dual-wield frost and loved it.

So after a while I decided I would make a druid to heal with. I healed up to about level 70 before switching to boomkin, switching between balance and resto after reaching 85, and also dabbled around in feral for a little. I've always been a melee kind of guy, although balance was interesting as it was my first caster, and I enjoyed it. I played it for a good while before switching back to my DK.

I took a break from WoW after my PC had died on me, and recently returned about a month or two ago after purchasing a new laptop. I started back up with my druid, got to level 86 before switching back to my DK, and reached level 90 with him. Then I decided that I wanted to roll a warlock, as I always thought warlocks we're one of the coolest classes in the game, despite never playing one. So I am currently playing my warlock and I have to say that I'm enjoying it very much so, just reached level 50, but now my indecisiveness has kicked in once again, and after logging into my druid to get the Leeeeeeeroy! achievement (As balance spec, but went kitty form to swipe the mobs down) for whatever reason that sparked my interest in switching my druid to feral and playing him.

So now I'm stuck between leveling up my warlock which is level 50 (which quite frankly, I'm having a blast leveling him up for the most part, although leveling up is still a pain) or switching my druid from balance to feral and level up to 90 while he is already at 86. I really don't want to stick to balance, as if I'm going to play a caster I think I would just enjoy my warlock better.

So, that is all I can come up with, I'm not specifically asking which i should go with, although any opinions are welcome, i'm more so asking, Which class do you enjoy more? Warlock or Feral Druid? (I've been playing affliction warlock, although recently switched to destro, and although i feel like a fire mage its pretty fun still if it makes a difference)

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my topic, and if you didn't read then go down to the tl;dr, and if you read this and didn't reply, i'm sorry you took the time to read this as it isn't very entertaining im sure haha.

(Also i forgot to put in, i really don't care about, "Whats more OP, Or better in pvp or better in pve, this is from a "fun and enjoyment" standpoint and that is it, and i know no one can tell me what i find fun or enjoy more, which is why im asking opinions on what you personally feel)

tl;dr Stuck between leveling my recent level 50 Lock or going to my level 86 balance druid and switching him to feral

EDIT: On a side-note, my warlock is a human, and my druid is a night elf. If i do decide to continue with my druid i plan to most likely race change to troll, as im growing increasingly tired of the look of the night elves, extremely tired of it..... and plus, troll druid forms look awesome
SECOND SIDE-NOTE(Holy f#@& will this guy shut up already?!?!) Sorry sorry!!! XD if i do decide to stick with my druid and race change to troll, as i haven't ever had a toon max leveled on horde side, im worried that i wont find a good guild or something of the sorts, as i play on malfurion i do not know how the horde side fairs on my realm)
---
Steam: Bleezy
Currently Playing: TL2 & War Thunder & WoW
#2B1g_ClownPosted 5/23/2013 8:03:19 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/image/did%20not%20read/grand/didn't_read.jpg

but srsly, lvl ur lock. they are way fun and cool irl.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#3K_Bleezy_420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 9:39:24 PM
B1g_Clown posted...

Yeah, as of now I'm continuing on my lock. I'm taking the fact that it's the first time since I first started the game that I'm enjoying(in fact, immensely enjoying) leveling up an alt as a sign that it's the class for me.

Although I would still like to hear people's opinions on if they like feral or warlocks better
---
#4B1g_ClownPosted 5/23/2013 9:55:22 PM
K_Bleezy_420 posted...
B1g_Clown posted...

Yeah, as of now I'm continuing on my lock. I'm taking the fact that it's the first time since I first started the game that I'm enjoying(in fact, immensely enjoying) leveling up an alt as a sign that it's the class for me.

Although I would still like to hear people's opinions on if they like feral or warlocks better

well my lock has been my main off and on since i started back in bc. right now its my main, and i was in the process of leveling my druid to 90. was going to main feral.

from the two(me personally anyway) i can safely say lock > feral. the revamp of locks really spiced them up. i guess this comes down to if you want a range or melee dps. also keep in mind druids are everywhere. surprisingly even with locks revamped i still dont see many of us out there.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#5K_Bleezy_420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 10:49:02 PM
B1g_Clown posted...
i guess this comes down to if you want a range or melee dps.

Yeah the fact that my main is a dk being a caster is very fun and a nice change of pace, even though I played balance for awhile I've been melee most of the time, and that fact was another major factor in me choosing to go with my lock.

I have to say that so far leveling up this lock has been insane amounts of fun! I can't wait to get to 90, and as of when this topic was made I was level 50, and am already almost 53!

I'm not sure what changes they have made to locks but it's great fun so far, whether it gets a much more complicated rotation later on I will have to see, as that was one thing that was always daunting to me about rolling one, but ive been quite comfortable with it thus far.

Also, I was always afraid and had this silly idea that locks weren't very good in PvP, but I'm learning I was quite wrong.
---
#6weebmanPosted 5/24/2013 1:23:18 AM
My personal preference is the same as it has always been since BC when I started, Warlock. I have tried other classes and the only 2 that I could get into was Paladin (tank for the Mrs.) and Priest (when I decided to try out PvP [OMG that was so fun at low levels!]) I was Affliction for the longest time and when the dual spec came out, I decided to try Demonology. I loved that I couldn't be killed with my Felguard tanking 10ish mobs for me. I heard about the Warlock's green fire quest line and I decided to drop affliction (wasn't feeling the changes too much) for Destruction as that is apparently the only way to complete the quest for the green fire. I am enjoying the changes to Warlock but then again I have always found them to be fun (I dueled a friend of mine fresh into NR and he was already 3 levels ahead of me and I destroyed him on his Paladin!) I like to go on my Priest now and again for alchemy/PvP because I find Disc healing to be fun. Like you said before, it is really all about how much fun you are having playing. It doesn't even matter what class you choose. I cannot stand playing Rogues, but I have that much more respect for those who do because I just couldn't bring myself to level one. The farthest I have gotten was level 15 and I just stopped. If you like playing your Warlock, then continue to do so. It is really as simple as that. If you need a change of pace and want to try something new or go back to what you have already accomplished, that is fine too. Sometimes absence will make the heart grow fonder.