This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The first raid of the next expac should be an epic 8 boss crawl that is brutal.

#1Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 5/24/2013 12:10:15 AM
Only two bosses will be released per week(4 per two weeks for LFR). Each boss will have micro-berserks that will cause a oneshot to the offending player. The very first boss will be a literal gear and competence check.

Most of the bosses will take offense to inactivity, even in LFR, if there's enough dead weight, the bosses will berserk early.

Two of the bosses will randomly ignore taunt tables, forcing tanks to reestablish aggro though attacking while requiring dps to tactically decrease.

The last boss of the raid will likely require a median item level adjusting between entry and current tier level.(such as 353 on a 346-359 range)
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#2ShurikoPosted 5/24/2013 1:09:06 AM
Each boss will have micro-berserks that will cause a oneshot to the offending player.

sounds legit you should send this idea to blizzard
---
http://i.imgur.com/hjZqPHB.gif
#3stopreadnamethxPosted 5/24/2013 3:09:18 AM
LFR is there so casuals, baddies or otherwise can't complain they aren't seeing all the content handed to them in a silver platter and pre-chewed which results in them ragequiting the game instead of learning how not so suck

bosses taking offensive to inactivity is bad; casuals should be allowed to afk so they can go take care of the sudden events that randomly happen in their unorganized schedule
ignoring taunt tables is bad; the only people who care enough not to go afk are likely competing for first place in the dps charts

non-terrible players are supposed to raid in guilds. lfr is just an excuse to make things accessible to absolutely everyone because quality of subscriptions < quantity of subscriptions

your idea, while noble, would never work
---
stopreadsigkthxbai
#4karnage87Posted 5/24/2013 3:52:04 AM
"Only two bosses will be released per week(4 per two weeks for LFR). Each boss will have micro-berserks that will cause a oneshot to the offending player. The very first boss will be a literal gear and competence check."

like this is why I like Jin Rokh. He has a basci, screw up annd cost the raid, mechanic and is a straight up gear check.

Most of the bosses will take offense to inactivity, even in LFR, if there's enough dead weight, the bosses will berserk early.

Bad idea in LFR. Let's saay I get a phone call in LFR. I go to answer it and I've created 24 repair bills. In Normal, tacitly exists. Enough dead weight and you wont reach 0 Health before the serkclock.

Two of the bosses will randomly ignore taunt tables, forcing tanks to reestablish aggro though attacking while requiring dps to tactically decrease.

A Pally boss could shield itself. Wiping DoTs and stopping damage till the shield was gone. Resetting aggro. I see this as difficult to do without a lot of one shotted SPriests, Warlocks, FrostDKs.

The last boss of the raid will likely require a median item level adjusting between entry and current tier level.(such as 353 on a 346-359 range)

Yeah, I am pro this.
---
NOBODY is gonna rest in peace.. UNTIL YOU'VE PAID ALL YOUR TAXES!
#5LanceFlugermanPosted 5/24/2013 5:41:01 AM
Lol ya, really thin out this games population. Maybe only 2 raiding guilds left for this dungeon.
---
I'm radical and extreme!
#6bladstPosted 5/24/2013 5:54:06 AM
I like this. I am no hardcore raider, my schedule changes too often, but I wish I could be. I cannot stand how often people just face roll through content. Half the fun of raids is learning the fight and being on your feet moving. The whole "lets stack determination and win" mentality is ridiculous and the fact that blizzard not only let's that happen but almost encourages it is a slap in the face to the teams who took the time designing the fights.

On launch I ran lfr thunder king with three characters. My first, 6 stacks of determination and they didn't kill the guards at the portal so it took almost an hour more to get the group to kill them. (Scrubs just run past them noobs and so on). My second team took 8 stacks. No one was paying attention. My third team though, we had three people explain the mechanics where to go what to watch for when to move and we did it, on the first week before nerfs, with one stack. It was an amazing feeling.

But as stopreadnamethx said, "your idea, while noble, would never work"
---
guns don't kill people, people kill people, but the gun helps
#7DawnshadowPosted 5/24/2013 6:57:19 AM
You're blaming the wrong people. Usually the people I catch AFKing in LFR are in normal mode raid gear upon inspection, and are "too good" for LFR, but just "have" to be there for VP because clearly they have no other options. The ones who are actually there to experience the raid and maybe get some gear are usually in there trying their hardest-- they may not be amazingly skilled, but skill can be gained, while being a selfish jerk is forever. And I would rather have an entire raid of casuals who are actually trying their best than a raid of "leet pros" who are there to spam Recount and whine about how bad everyone else is.

Making the first boss a harsh gear check, and the entire raid a hard skill check, is also a very bad idea, because that leaves nowhere for the newbies and casual normal mode raiders (and yes, they exist) to play-- typically there's an intro level raid for groups who are just dipping their toes into raiding for the first time. (MGV, Molten Core, Karazhan, level 80 Naxx, etc, although I feel MGV was a wee bit overtuned for its purpose.) Not everyone is a hardcore progression raider who can kick underperforming players without hesitation-- sometimes you're playing with friends for fun, and normal people don't just stop being friends with someone because they can't hit 50k on a target dummy in heroic blues. You'll just end up hurting the raiding scene, in the long run, because most people are new to raiding at some point and need to learn how to play at that level. Some of them go on to harder stuff, others don't. And that's fine. Games are supposed to be fun, and not everyone finds super challenging gear and skill checks to be fun.

When my guild raided a bit near the end of Cataclysm, I had to teach some of the players what expertise even did, and why capping hit was important-- they'd seen the stats on gear, but hadn't really taken the time to learn what they meant aside from "I need these stats, but not those stats." Others had mains in progression raiding guilds, or were even raiders whose guild was on hatus until Mists, and they were more than willing to carry the ones who had never seen the inside of a raid at level before and didn't really understand how to play at a raiding level. Sure, fully nerfed Dragon Soul isn't what I would call a major challenge, but those raids were more fun than any LFR I've ever done. And the players who had started out as terrible actually improved with practice and learned how to raid-- skill, in other words, can be gained with experience. But being able to down bosses is good feedback, and if they couldn't defeat even one boss without gaining skill (magically, without anywhere to really practice) they wouldn't have stuck with it. They would have just gotten frustrated, gone back to RP, and never set foot in a raid again because raiding wasn't fun.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#8Lightning BoltPosted 5/24/2013 6:58:40 AM
Dawnshadow posted...
I feel MGV was a wee bit overtuned

all of my wat
The first boss has already been solo'd...
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#9DawnshadowPosted 5/24/2013 12:09:27 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
I feel MGV was a wee bit overtuned

all of my wat
The first boss has already been solo'd...

Yes, by a level 80 using MoP gear with unusually low equip requirements and vengeance mechanics that gave him far more attack power than an 80 should have. That's impressive and hilarious, but it doesn't really count in terms of "lol a level 80 can solo it lol.'

Someone might have soloed it at 90, but gear scaling is ridiculous this expansion-- someone in full ToT gear easily can double or even triple the DPS of someone who just hit 90, given equal skill (depending on the class.) And we still have another tier of raid gear to go.

Now, when a 90 in heroic blues (intended gear level for MGV) can solo the three dogs, let me know.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#10Lightning BoltPosted 5/24/2013 12:58:53 PM
Holy crap man. Sorry if I peed in your cereal or something.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev