This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone explain the radical mojo items to me?

#1Melted_ButterPosted 6/6/2013 11:26:51 AM
From what I gathered, the weekly gives me a mojo and I use it to get a set of gear useful to me by spending lumber/stone/etc...?

Is there a limit to how many items I can get this way, or can I upgrade once per week?

What's the ilvl of the stuff I get so I know what to get first?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#2oldfart81Posted 6/6/2013 11:43:44 AM
I believe you can only do it once a week (not positive)

489 ilvl gear which gives 3 stats like stam, haste, str

and its really meant as another way to hit the ilvl req for raids
#3Mike XtremePosted 6/6/2013 11:44:42 AM
I did it on my main last week and, for me at least, it's not worth the time. The items have an ilvl less then ToT LFR gear and you don't get to pick the spec of the gear. So I basically spent about an hour collecting all the crap just to get an item I vendored immediately and a lame title I won't use.
---
I don't like stuff that sucks
#4Melted_Butter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 11:52:09 AM
Mike Xtreme posted...
I did it on my main last week and, for me at least, it's not worth the time. The items have an ilvl less then ToT LFR gear and you don't get to pick the spec of the gear. So I basically spent about an hour collecting all the crap just to get an item I vendored immediately and a lame title I won't use.

Oh, i was just gonna use it to get into ToT LFR (I JUST hit 470 with the boots from the mountain quest, this being a fresh 90 and all)
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#5redundanciesPosted 6/6/2013 12:03:20 PM
Mike Xtreme posted...

Sure you can - or else a) the tooltip for the item is lying and b) I got lucky. Presumably you can just be in the spec you want the item for when you craft it.
#6angrywalrus13Posted 6/6/2013 12:10:10 PM
Mike Xtreme posted...

Right click your portrait and change "Loot Specialization" setting. That controls what spec you get loot for from everything that gives you spec-specific loot.
---
support it because neverhood
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog
#7TloyaPosted 6/6/2013 12:10:42 PM
Melted_Butter posted...
Oh, i was just gonna use it to get into ToT LFR (I JUST hit 470 with the boots from the mountain quest, this being a fresh 90 and all)

That's exactly what it's intended for. Now that we're two raids in, Blizzard wanted a catch-up mechanic people could use to get geared for LFR without having to go through the reputation grind.

You can also use your weekly mojo to buy a hydra battle pet, or access to a special new Brawler's Guild boss.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#8Melted_Butter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 12:17:41 PM
You get a title?
---
#9Mike XtremePosted 6/6/2013 12:18:46 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
Mike Xtreme posted...

Right click your portrait and change "Loot Specialization" setting. That controls what spec you get loot for from everything that gives you spec-specific loot.

Oh I didn't know it worked for a quest item like that. Either way it wasn't an upgrade for me so no harm done
---
I don't like stuff that sucks
#10Alnilam81Posted 6/6/2013 2:37:33 PM
You also get 200 Valor for completing the weekly quest, which is pretty cool, and obviously even better (300vp) if you've already capped one character. Not too shabby, and only takes 30mins or so if there's a decent group of players killing the rares that spawn.

You also get the quest which gives you some 502 boots from Chen who's at that quest hub, which is definitely with picking up if you're only around the 470 ilvl area.