This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I know how to prevent flying mounts, but not getting rid of them.

#1inferiorweaselPosted 6/18/2013 1:43:10 PM
In TBC, there were zones that had anti air cannons or things that attacked. And unless you have your increased flying speed (Epic flying or the 310% arena mount) you were pretty limited in what you could do or where you could land in this zone.

The next expansion should have a lot, and i mean heavy amounts, of anti air cannons. This way we can still have our flying, but it could cost us more in repairs as we would grow tired of falling to our deaths.

There could also be some cool mechanics about how you would have to jump into an anti air zone.

But this is just something I was thinking of. I'm not too disappointed in the fact that we have flying mounts, but I do understand the arguments against them. Anyways, what do you guys think?
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#2cute_latino009Posted 6/18/2013 1:57:37 PM
I like the idea, but how about imposing a mount cast penalty on PvP servers? Nothing infuriates me more when PvP is happening and a druid melds and mounts away.

I'd like a combat penalty for air and land mounts after combat in world PvP. Example:

You were recently in combat, you drop out of combat, 10 second debuff applied to your mounts before you can mount, getting into combat will reset it until you're out of combat again.
#3dj4242Posted 6/18/2013 2:05:29 PM
cute_latino009 posted...
I like the idea, but how about imposing a mount cast penalty on PvP servers? Nothing infuriates me more when PvP is happening and a druid melds and mounts away.

I'd like a combat penalty for air and land mounts after combat in world PvP. Example:

You were recently in combat, you drop out of combat, 10 second debuff applied to your mounts before you can mount, getting into combat will reset it until you're out of combat again.

That would ensure more ganking from people who have no life and provide no solution to the problem.
---
Paul "The Kingslayer" George
Pacers and Vikings fan
#4inferiorweasel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 3:29:59 PM
dj4242 posted...
cute_latino009 posted...

That would ensure more ganking from people who have no life and provide no solution to the problem.

I agree with DJ, what if you were caught unaware, the penalty applies to both players, but now the guy getting ganked is unable to escape. I personally cast invisible and mount myself and regroup, buff up, and then re-engage.

What your issue is, seems to be a night elf druid exclusive issue.
---
#5FTLulzPosted 6/18/2013 5:38:49 PM
Why would you be on a pvp server if you hate being ganked? I never understood this hypocrisy. Actually I lied, I do, but it's stupid.
#6SxmfctPosted 6/18/2013 5:52:17 PM
Flying mounts made the game what it is today
#7inferiorweasel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 8:04:27 PM
Sxmfct posted...
Flying mounts made the game what it is today

And yet some Blizzard peeps say how they regret adding it into the game...

I personally don't care either way, I just thought this was a good way to placate both sides of the argument :)
---
#8Emerald_WyvernPosted 6/18/2013 8:30:26 PM
There are AA cannons in the Dominance Offensive area in 5.1. No idea if there are in the Alliance area.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#9tote_allPosted 6/19/2013 9:23:18 AM
Ogri'La dailies were the best dailies.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4u1biRF.png http://i.imgur.com/nYihXfu.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
#10Sir WillPosted 6/19/2013 9:54:12 AM
No matter how often something like this is suggested, the idea doesn't get any better or any more acceptable to the vast majority of players.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'