This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who remembers their first day in wow?

#1o0stoneduk0oPosted 6/23/2013 4:50:48 AM
I remember it quite clearly. I made a hunter, bought a load of white vendor gear and thought I had a good character. I got to level 10 and went back to the starting zone and showed off the pet to all the other noobs who seemed to think it was amazing. I was proud that day.
---
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban.
#2EpicKingdom_Posted 6/23/2013 5:04:36 AM(edited)
I was just talking about my first day, lol.. in my guild.

My first day, by Epic-Kingdom. (lol jk).

Sometime near Vanilla / BC WoW.
I made a Orc Warrior, keep in mind I only showed interest in WoW because I loved RTS Warcraft. So that alone led me to the horde & a Orc! I remember playing at first & not liking it (only because it was so new to me, the style of play) but within hours literally it grew on me. Durotar will always be my favorite starting zone for the memories I have there :p I remember having white gear for quite some time before I discovered Wailing Cavers & "dungeon drops" lol.

---
i5-3570k w/ 212 Evo | Z77 Extreme4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition | 16GB of RAM | XFX PRO650w CE | 600GB WD | Fractal Design Define R4 case | 1080p.
#3Linkmaster2k3Posted 6/23/2013 5:41:22 AM
My first was a druid in vanilla wow. I remember always buying vendor gear and rolling need on everything in parties.
#4vahndragonwingPosted 6/23/2013 5:42:57 AM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
literally it grew on me.

I would probably go see a doctor
---
IMO
#5ElaeusPosted 6/23/2013 7:05:30 AM(edited)
Yes. I do. It was around 8 years ago.

It was also a very tough period in my life during the final college year, I had a very ... Defining experience, and WoW helped me cope. First character I made was a male human paladin, and got that to 60, but most of my memories back then were on the night elf huntress I made shortly afterwards. I remember that every new area was an amazement, and I remember the first time I entered Duskwood, but mostly I was amazed by the architecture of Darnassus.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#6o0stoneduk0o(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 6:54:15 AM
My pc was terrible back then, I got like 10fps avg but I still remember being amazed by the scale of the game.
---
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban.
#7ShadowEdgeXPosted 6/23/2013 7:43:52 AM
Back in mid-Vanilla, my first was a female Night Elf Druid, inspired by both WC3 and the opening WoW cinematic with the feral druid, I thought it looked cool. After reading the manual, I thought I could tank/heal/dps at the same time. First dungeon didn't go well. I also remember dying to the ZG plague my first time in Ironforge, and not knowing about the tram and trying to run from IF to SW through the high level zones at around level 15. I never made it, obviously.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#8ATiRadeonHDPosted 6/23/2013 8:10:54 AM
o0stoneduk0o posted...
I remember it quite clearly. I made a hunter, bought a load of white vendor gear and thought I had a good character. I got to level 10 and went back to the starting zone and showed off the pet to all the other noobs who seemed to think it was amazing. I was proud that day.

Psh. If your first day was anything like my first day, you had like 20 silver and couldn't even afford white gear...
---
|| i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz || nVidia GTX 660Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#9Lord_WoobiePosted 6/23/2013 9:51:56 AM
I'm a Wrath baby. I bought the game while on vacation in Minnesota and couldn't play it for 2 weeks because we didn't have internet, so I reread the manual from cover to cover a few times on long car and plane rides. When we got home I started downloading the client, but wasn't familiar with the patching system (having to download each patch manually, occasionally having to find patch mirrors online), so when I left to see the 6th Harry Potter movie with some friends I expected to come home to a new game. Needless to say I came home with 3 more hours to download...

Anyway, first character was a night elf druid, and I remember being fascinated with Entangling Roots, Moonfire, the short, short capes, and the ridiculously muscular physique of... well, damn near everything.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#10AuspexAOPosted 6/23/2013 10:01:29 AM
I rolled my dwarven hunter "Stoneshot" in Vanilla who I mained until Cata (when I switched to Horde for my guild) and spent all day trying to get my first pet. He was a bear I named Ben who I still have on that character to this day :)
---
"So build that wall and build it strong, 'cause we'll be there before too long"