This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who remembers their first day in wow?

#41CanadaTopPosted 6/25/2013 11:09:47 AM
tried out the trial on my old family dell. I was amazed at the world. Stepping into teldrassil for the first time as a teen was godlike. Too bad my already poor framerate dropped to ~5 when I hit Darnassus.
---
http://www.r-word.org/
spread the word to end the word
#42LoZDude985Posted 6/25/2013 7:19:22 PM
August 27, 2006 was my first day. Bought the game late at night the night prior so I didn't get to actually play it until the next day, that and patching took forever. I went to my friends house (college friend, he got me interested in it). I made a troll hunter and walked all the way to Org, where he was on his 60 mage, and he ran me through RFC. I had no real idea what was going on, he just kept killing things and I looted.

Once I got back home, I decided to make several characters to see what I liked most, my friend suggested I do that. I made a warrior, rogue, shaman, warlock and a new hunter but I ended up just playing the hunter. This was back in late vanilla (about 3 months to the release of BC). My hunter was my main up until my guild got through BT/Hyjal then I switched to my paladin as my main. I still have the hunter to this day and will always have a special place in my heart.
---
Platinum FC - 0345 6079 3542
SoulSilver FC - 2364 7963 2086
#43HakPosted 6/26/2013 2:18:42 AM
Lord_Woobie posted...
I'm a Wrath baby. I bought the game while on vacation in Minnesota and couldn't play it for 2 weeks because we didn't have internet, so I reread the manual from cover to cover a few times on long car and plane rides. When we got home I started downloading the client, but wasn't familiar with the patching system (having to download each patch manually, occasionally having to find patch mirrors online), so when I left to see the 6th Harry Potter movie with some friends I expected to come home to a new game. Needless to say I came home with 3 more hours to download...

Anyway, first character was a night elf druid, and I remember being fascinated with Entangling Roots, Moonfire, the short, short capes, and the ridiculously muscular physique of... well, damn near everything.

What? Since TBC the launcher has always covered patching. In classic, you would log into the game and if a patch was needed the game would get the initial download details, close the client, and then download what was needed. No manual patching was ever needed.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#44SticksnrocksPosted 6/26/2013 7:05:44 AM(edited)
After playing WC3 and not having played an mmo before I was like "WTF! This spell has a 10 minute cooldown!" First character was an undead mage and I ran over to western plaguelands only to get stomped by bears. I had no idea wtf was going on or how these bears got so tough.

I still have one of my first images ever. Thunder Lizards were buggy back then, well alot of mobs and they wouldn't aggro so I went up to one and "petted" it with wave. Let me find it.

http://i.imgur.com/WxShWOQ.jpg