This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What in the blue hell? No more talent tree's? Does the game have any point?

#1TheNeckbeardPosted 6/23/2013 2:44:29 PM
Anymore? Is there any actual "game" left that isn't automated...oh excuse me "streamlined"? My friend came back to this and offered to pay my sub for a month if wanted to come join him. Sure why not.. haven't played in an age. On a completely new server with him so starting all over fresh and new..

Wasn't happy about the game last time I played everything was being dumbed down, and instanced. The world as a whole was so devoid of players as everyone sat in towns and queue for everything. So I left. I thought well it's been awhile maybe things are different.

Well... they are different. So I've spent the day running around under 0 threat of death all day hitting auto kill basically the games just been giving me everything, don't even have to go anywhere to train. I reached level 10 and this is when I discover that even the f***ing talent trees are gone. HUH?! Apparently we don't need to customize and spec ourselves anymore even either.

Is there any "game" or "challenge" to actually do now? I mean this game seems to be about 1-2 reworks away from just making a character, loading in to be automatically max level, and just stand there chatting with friends while the game dumps pretty epics on you and you can play dress up with your friends.

I seriously cannot believe the game I used to love to death during the Burning Crusade is now this. Such a complete contrast to that wonderful beta I've had two Friday/Saturdays in a row with FFXIV. Which gave me a wonderful nostalgic feelings. Ones I used to have for WoW back several expansions ago.

I just don't know what to think? People actually prefer the game to be this automated, this lets not only hold your hand but give you a diaper and bottle for the entire trip as well? How did it get like this? I'm am really relieved I personally didn't spend 15 bucks to join my friend. I seriously hope he comes over to FFXIV with me in August cause I don't think I'm ever going to find good immersive adventure in this game anymore. Blizzard/Activision seems to have stripped that right out of the game.
---
Check out my lastest Ketogenic Diet Update: http://www.youtube.com/user/NerdralusNeckbeard
#2Lightning BoltPosted 6/23/2013 2:50:40 PM
Yeah, the game is getting rather baby-ish. Despite all promises, the pandas still just feel so baby-ish, and when I log in there's just nothing to do.

I'm staying primarily as a social outlet, but having made some good friends I'm frequently dragging them to better games, and only really return to WoW for raid night.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3RebelElite791Posted 6/23/2013 3:03:04 PM
There was always an optimal talent spec for each class before. Don't try to pretend there was any variety or complication.

Also lol TBC nostalgia. Cata raiding was much harder than TBC, and although I've been out of the heroic raiding game for MoP, pretty sure MoP is too.
---
Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell.
http://i.imgur.com/JAEbWQN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg
#4EnixPosted 6/23/2013 3:07:28 PM
The talent system is more streamlined, but I would argue it ultimately allow you more customization than the talent trees of old which forced you in to cookie cutter builds. If you failed to follow those cookie cutter builds then your performance suffered greatly... At least these give a sense of added flavor and don't necessarily take away from your performance.
#5xFilthPosted 6/23/2013 3:24:45 PM
I only care for endgame PvE and no one beats WoW at that
#6ElaeusPosted 6/23/2013 3:28:45 PM
xFilth posted...

+1

I do enjoy casual pvp as well.

Also like the other guy said, seriously there will always be a more optimal choice, with the new talents you get to change on the spot to adjust with encounter requirements.

Bear in mind as well that whatever was in the talent tree (like the 5/5 crit talent) is now baseline so nothing was removed. I do agree leveling was more fun and the point each level did make it a bit more interesting, however.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#7RebelElite791Posted 6/23/2013 4:18:04 PM
Elaeus posted...
xFilth posted...

+1

I do enjoy casual pvp as well.

Also like the other guy said, seriously there will always be a more optimal choice, with the new talents you get to change on the spot to adjust with encounter requirements.

Bear in mind as well that whatever was in the talent tree (like the 5/5 crit talent) is now baseline so nothing was removed. I do agree leveling was more fun and the point each level did make it a bit more interesting, however.

This is true. Waiting 15 levels for a talent kinda sucks.
---
Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell.
http://i.imgur.com/JAEbWQN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZpQ84Yy.jpg
#8cymanxPosted 6/23/2013 5:25:22 PM
I actually enjoy the pandarians, but mostly because of their racials and c'mon... who doesn't like a big fat guy that fights with his fists?
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#9LinkofHyrule991Posted 6/23/2013 5:31:40 PM
I wonder if people would find leveling more interesting again if they had to learn skills from a trainer again instead of getting them automatically at level up
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#10toolittletimePosted 6/23/2013 5:45:58 PM
I like being able to click on any talent I want because I enjoy the effect and not having to worry about a screwed up build.
They need to overhall glyphs also, so many of them are useless.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain