This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for some Shaman advice/opinions.

#1XarlixPosted 6/23/2013 5:33:00 PM
I'm very, very interested in giving Shaman a try, but I'm unsure of a few things.

1) I have the proper heirlooms for any spec I choose to level as.
Given 1, what spec would level the fastest?

2) Which spec is more desired for end-game PvE? (just decent progression)
2a Which DPS spec is more desired for end-game PvE?

3) How are Shaman at PvP?

4) What horde race do people generally consider to be the best choice for Shaman? (I can't see Troll as enhancement shaman really, but I can see them looking awesome for Ele/Resto). I can't really see Orc as Elemental nearly as much as I can see Orcs as Enhance., etc...
---
Disclaimer: If I use the term 'rotation' on the WoW boards, I mean 'when to use abilities'. Failure to read this disclaimer may make you look like a fool.
#2KrozardPosted 6/23/2013 5:42:48 PM
1) I think that Elemental may be the fastest questing spec, while resto would be the fastest dungeon spec.

2) As of now, I believe Resto is the most wanted, simply because they can heal. As for DPS, enhancement seems to be extremely powerful at the moment.

3) I think resto is supposed to be good. I hear a lot of people say Elemental is extremely fun at pvp, but I can't really say how good it is.

4) I think Troll might be the strongest choice at the moment due to the haste racial.
---
this space intentionally left blank
#3KezrakPosted 6/23/2013 6:32:10 PM
Krozard posted...
1) I think that Elemental may be the fastest questing spec, while resto would be the fastest dungeon spec.

2) As of now, I believe Resto is the most wanted, simply because they can heal. As for DPS, enhancement seems to be extremely powerful at the moment.

3) I think resto is supposed to be good. I hear a lot of people say Elemental is extremely fun at pvp, but I can't really say how good it is.

4) I think Troll might be the strongest choice at the moment due to the haste racial.

I can't comment on PvE, but for PvP that's pretty far off. Not trying to be rude, just clarifying. (Keep in mind, I was a Gladiator in seasons 7/8 as Feral, now I main Shaman.) Elemental damage in PvP is, quite frankly, phenomenal. A few targets with Flame Shock up, and you never run out of Lava Bursts. Our survivability has gotten better, though it still isn't great. The talents which provide the best defense are also killable (Stone Bulwark/Healing Tide). Resto is a good spec in BGs/2s, but in serious PvP (3s/RBGs) is surprisingly weak atm. Enh, from what I've seen, isn't really represented in 3s, so I can't really comment on how they are. Overall, Shamans are pretty good, though I'd expect damage nerfs soon.
---
asdfasdf
#4SchectaPosted 6/23/2013 7:20:17 PM
Enhancement orc. Do it.
---
Your dreams can't last forever.
#5KrozardPosted 6/23/2013 7:55:40 PM
Schecta posted...
Enhancement orc. Do it.

I semi-agree.
Tauren make great Enhancement Shaman too, at least as far as looks go.
---
#6KrozardPosted 6/23/2013 7:56:37 PM
Kezrak posted...
Krozard posted...

I can't comment on PvE, but for PvP that's pretty far off. Not trying to be rude, just clarifying. (Keep in mind, I was a Gladiator in seasons 7/8 as Feral, now I main Shaman.) Elemental damage in PvP is, quite frankly, phenomenal. A few targets with Flame Shock up, and you never run out of Lava Bursts. Our survivability has gotten better, though it still isn't great. The talents which provide the best defense are also killable (Stone Bulwark/Healing Tide). Resto is a good spec in BGs/2s, but in serious PvP (3s/RBGs) is surprisingly weak atm. Enh, from what I've seen, isn't really represented in 3s, so I can't really comment on how they are. Overall, Shamans are pretty good, though I'd expect damage nerfs soon.

Wait, which part is far off? the "I think resto is supposed to be good" or the part about people finding elemental fun?
---
#7KreyynPosted 6/23/2013 9:00:57 PM
Kezrak posted...
Krozard posted...

Enh is quite strong now, just not many people actually play/are good at enh. Also lol at rbg's being competitive, and 2's is actually probably more balanced then 3's atm :p.
---
i7 2600k || SLi GTX 580 || Optx AW2310 ||
http://i.imgur.com/zSkO2.jpg "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles." Babylon 5.
#8SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 6/24/2013 6:52:33 AM(edited)
1) Enhancement and Elemental are both fast leveling. I find Enhancement is more fun in the lower levels but both are equally fun in the later levels. Can't comment on PvP though.

2) Resto is a Healer and therefor probably more wanted than DPS in general. For DPS I think Enhancement is still better DPS than Elemental.

3) Can't comment.

4) Best choice visually or for playing? For playing, Orc for Enh if using Axes/Fists, Trolls for Resto/Elemental, Goblins for PvP. If you mean looks, that's up to you. The only real difference between the specs is how you are waving your hands and what weapons you have. Trolls have awesome casting animations and Pandaren casting animations look like an overdramatic actor who's entire career is riding on this animation being SUPER STRONG AND EPIC (and failing at it). Can't say I like the attacking animations of one race over another though.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#9Kid_KaosPosted 6/30/2013 5:44:16 AM
In my opinion you can never go wrong with an orc enhancement shaman. Been my main since vanilla. Enhance is massively bursty in pve.