This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you still play this game if it was called Humans vs Orcs...

#1Hoops01Posted 6/26/2013 12:57:11 AM
And they were your only race selection?
#2ThisIsAKnoifePosted 6/26/2013 1:45:37 AM
Probably if it meant the humans and orcs would actually look good since they're the only player characters... I mean humans are the worst looking race right now by far, and orcs aren't exactly top notch either...
---
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius
#3AtcatPosted 6/26/2013 2:28:21 AM
ThisIsAKnoife posted...
Probably if it meant the humans and orcs would actually look good since they're the only player characters... I mean humans are the worst looking race right now by far, and orcs aren't exactly top notch either...

Let me guess, you play a Worgen and roleplay?
#4Hoops01(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 3:54:52 AM
Ye, the characters would look good and the focus on the game would be much more about the Horde vs Alliance than lets team up to kill a dragon mentality.
#5CGoblinsPosted 6/26/2013 4:02:43 AM
Warcraft 1 was pretty fun back in the day.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
#6EDarienPosted 6/26/2013 5:24:24 AM(edited)
Meh. It'd likely be solely focused on PvP, so it would be an entirely different game. Tab-targetting, hot-key MMO built around only PvP just doesn't sound fun to me. The entire game would be the BG mini-game so it'd likely be very limited in scope of what it offered. It'd have to be F2P for me to even try it in those conditions.

edit: Also, ThisIsAKnoife ... awesome name. haha
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#7Darom SunyataPosted 6/26/2013 5:43:14 AM
It's exactly how this game should be. Instead of all this "orcs were simply a misunderstood proud warrior race and the humans were oh so mean to them."

Garrosh is simply bring orcs back to what they were meant to be.
---
of the Cult of Tharja
#8koujimorenoPosted 6/26/2013 7:20:16 AM
Hoops01 posted...
Ye, the characters would look good and the focus on the game would be much more about the Horde vs Alliance than lets team up to kill a dragon mentality.

Sounds boring.

I would rather have a mix of both with plot twists.
#9DawnshadowPosted 6/26/2013 7:59:25 AM
Probably not.

I'm pretty much mainly playing the game for the RP at this point-- if I just wanted to MMO at things, I'd go play Rift. I play a draenei. I like draenei. I meh humans, and I really don't like orcs.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#10Hoops01(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 9:58:20 AM
Dawnshadow posted...
Probably not.

I'm pretty much mainly playing the game for the RP at this point-- if I just wanted to MMO at things, I'd go play Rift. I play a draenei. I like draenei. I meh humans, and I really don't like orcs.

Surely Humans vs Orcs would be great RP?