This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wednesday Maintenance?

#1EDarienPosted 6/26/2013 6:00:06 AM
It says "scheduled maintenance" ... Did I miss something?

Seriously, I haven't been able to play much, if at all, during the past 2 weeks or more, until yesterday, so did they change "scheduled maintenance" to Wed now or this a first time thing?

Just curious; thanks for any legitimate responses.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#2MOOSHOO316Posted 6/26/2013 6:01:28 AM
yesturday they just had rolling restarts but they had issues being laggy lastnight
---
Wii friend code-2019-9913-4102
#3Evil IggyPosted 6/26/2013 6:25:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4EDarien(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 6:39:31 AM
MOOSHOO316 posted...
yesturday they just had rolling restarts but they had issues being laggy lastnight

Oh, thanks. I only played in the afternoon some. I saw they were having issues on "the following realms" and it was a pretty big list. I just didn't know what the deal was. Thanks for the response, though. What struck me about it was the "scheduled maintenance" rather than some form of "unexpected" or "currently fixing known issues" as the reason. Thanks for the reply, though.

Evil Iggy posted...
WEDNESDAY MAINTENANCE!?!?

THE WORLD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE!!!

hehe. This made me chuckle. I'd have added an ellipsis between world and doesn't, though. Makes it more movie from the 50s dramatic that way.

To be fair, my mother in law is staying with us and watches mostly older movies. So that's probably influencing my internal monologue/reading mechanism ... *sigh*
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#5Little ZardarPosted 6/26/2013 6:49:25 AM
slap in the nuts
---
Zardar.
Challenge Mode Extraordinaire, Fashionista, and Brawler's Guild Superstar.
#6toolittletimePosted 6/26/2013 7:23:14 AM
"Scheduled maintenance", they should at least call it what it is, if you schedule something 5 minutes ago I guess you can still call it that.
This is really an emergency downtime, Tuesday is the normal maintenance day,
I'm guessing they don't want to startle the throngs of players that seem to have come back in the last few weeks.
Scheduled maintenance is expected, this was not.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#7Little ZardarPosted 6/26/2013 7:24:54 AM
well they did announce it 9 hours prior to the maintenance. only problem is they quietly kept it in the Service Status forum which no one even checks outside of Monday-Tuesday
---
Zardar.
Challenge Mode Extraordinaire, Fashionista, and Brawler's Guild Superstar.
#8toolittletimePosted 6/26/2013 7:37:59 AM
I know they try to avoid downtime at this time of year because they don't want to scare any new players off, looked like they were going to not have any this week.
Saw tons of players in the starting areas, one guild I hang out with has a recruit macro and they reached the limit with recruits yesterday,
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#9negotiator9152Posted 6/26/2013 8:01:11 AM
most likely has to do with this

http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/mobile-auction-house/
#10toolittletimePosted 6/26/2013 8:33:55 AM
Be nice if they fix the lag that popped up yesterday, in some areas my fps dropped by more than half.
---
Mark Twain