This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are they ever going to come up with a legendary bonus that tanks will even want?

#1Lightning BoltPosted 7/5/2013 6:39:19 AM
The next one blocks a killing blow every minute.
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102250-qian-ying-fortitude-of-niuzao
That is just really so... meh.

The only two uses I can think of are:
1. Cheese fight mechanics that you've already been able to deal with another way (is there anything worth cheesing in SoO?).
2. Make up for you being an idiot.

The fact that the fights are beatable without this bonus means that I'll probably just end up wanting the dps one again. And if I get instagibbed then I'll just have to kick my own ass for sucking, or maybe yell at a healer.
No one is going to look at 15k additional dps (number asspulled) and give that up in order to give themselves more excuses to fail.

Plus the itemization is so terrible. There's no hit/expertise which are universal tank stats now, why? No tank wants that Dodge/Parry crap when they could trade up for a better proc and some haste/crit.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#2DEIM0SPosted 7/5/2013 7:03:34 AM
Thunderfury was one of the best tanking weapons through BC...
---
Where Zen ends, ass-kicking begins.
#3redundanciesPosted 7/5/2013 8:11:11 AM
Speaking as a druid, I have so much hit and expertise on my current set that I don't need any more. I'd go with the dodge cloak.
#4WaffIeElitePosted 7/5/2013 8:15:55 AM
OP, your only worthwhile point is the Hit/Expertise complaint. That proc is hilariously and outrageously overpowered, and will likely be nerfed. Remember how insane the old Ardent Defender was during Wrath? This is even stronger. But yeah, go ahead and enjoy LFR with your DPS cloak, because you might as well put out more DPS there.
#5ElaeusPosted 7/5/2013 8:21:13 AM
WaffIeElite posted...
Remember how insane the old Ardent Defender was during Wrath? This is even stronger.

OP didn't play in WotLK.

First thing I had in mind was the ToGC era Argent Defender when I read that bonus personally. It was the last year I main specced as a tank and protection paladins where just as godly that tier as they are now but in a different way, and part of the reason was AD.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#6WaffIeElitePosted 7/5/2013 8:23:44 AM
Oh my god it was just insane. I played a Death Knight, which previously was the king s*** for tanking, but Ardent Defender kicked our asses right out the door when it got implemented. I just about s*** my pants when I saw how stupidly overpowered this cloak was. Either the normal content is going to be tuned around it, or it's getting nerfed.

I'll stop there before I rant about everyone being able to get a legendary.
#7Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 8:28:51 AM(edited)
redundancies posted...
Speaking as a druid, I have so much hit and expertise on my current set that I don't need any more. I'd go with the dodge cloak.

There's no hit/expertise on the dps cloak, there's no need for you to grab dodge.
And maybe the itemization will be better in regards to hit/expertise in SoO.

WaffIeElite posted...
That proc is hilariously and outrageously overpowered, and will likely be nerfed. Remember how insane the old Ardent Defender was during Wrath? This is even stronger.

Tanking has changed a lot in MoP. We hit the bare minimum threshold to safely survive, then we go dps. The proc only benefits poor play and cheesing.

go ahead and enjoy LFR with your DPS cloak,

http://i.imgur.com/IJaK6.gif
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#8ATiRadeonHDPosted 7/5/2013 8:36:31 AM
TC........ I am disappoint.

This cloak is ****** amazing.
---
|| i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz || nVidia GTX 660Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#9XtraTPosted 7/5/2013 8:46:49 AM
that cloak is definitively good for progression. The DPS cloak doesn't have hit/exp either, so you're trading dodge for haste and the proc.

if you don't do any kind of real heroic progression then the DPS cloak is better
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#10Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 9:01:36 AM
XtraT posted...
if you don't do any kind of real heroic progression then the DPS cloak is better

In "real" heroic progression, tanks unpredictably instagibbing isn't so much an issue that you need to sacrifice legendary dps procs for it.
---
-The Rev