This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are they ever going to come up with a legendary bonus that tanks will even want?

#11ElaeusPosted 7/5/2013 8:08:16 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
XtraT posted...
if you don't do any kind of real heroic progression then the DPS cloak is better

In "real" heroic progression, tanks unpredictably instagibbing isn't so much an issue that you need to sacrifice legendary dps procs for it.

^ already cleared SoO heroic.

Also in current tier, both hc Animus and Horridon say hello where a proc like that would have been overpowered during progression, and that's the only two examples in my head right now.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#12Little ZardarPosted 7/5/2013 9:25:20 AM(edited)
my concern is the agility tank one... does it have this effect as well?

also if i picked the dps one since dps stats are better than tanking stats would I be able to get the agi tank cloak?

edit: after doing my own research the agi tank cloak has the same effect, but i still don't know if you can replace your cloak
---
Zardar.
Challenge Mode Extraordinaire, Fashionista, and Brawler's Guild Superstar.
#13AmakusaPosted 7/5/2013 10:08:17 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
The only two uses I can think of are:
1. Cheese fight mechanics that you've already been able to deal with another way (is there anything worth cheesing in SoO?).
2. Make up for you being an idiot.

You only thought up of two uses of it and yet you didn't think of the obvious one.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#14WaffIeElitePosted 7/5/2013 10:19:16 AM

Tanking has changed a lot in MoP. We hit the bare minimum threshold to safely survive, then we go dps. The proc only benefits poor play and cheesing.

Uh... no. Not even close. We get our damage from Vengeance AP scaling (Which is a stupid and hopefully fleeting mechanic for next expansion, but that's another argument). No good tank would ever turn down the BIS item for the sake of doing more damage. If you're failing from not doing enough damage, either your personal skill is well below par for tanking, or your group's DPS is hilariously pitiful.

With your terrible logic, you must be using DPS trinkets because tank items are for bad tanks apparently. You know, instead of doing your job to the maximum level possible. Do you also try to take extra stacks of debuffs in LFR to try and keep up with the raiders who are filling out slots?
#15Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:45:09 AM(edited)
WaffIeElite posted...
We get our damage from Vengeance AP scaling

So?...

No good tank would ever turn down the BIS item for the sake of doing more damage. If you're failing from not doing enough damage, either your personal skill is well below par for tanking, or your group's DPS is hilariously pitiful.

Then explain Paladins.
Protip: Haste isn't the best TDR, smoothing, or EH stat for them, or any combination of second bests.

The second sentence is just lol. More dps is *always* better. Healing and tanking proficiency have very clear caps (when the tank/raid survive the damage going out) but pushing dps always makes the fight easier.

With your terrible logic, you must be using DPS trinkets because tank items are for bad tanks apparently.

Yep.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Senel/advanced

I haven't gotten a better trinket to replace the mastery one, but if something drops then I'll snatch it up.

Do you also try to take extra stacks of debuffs in LFR to try and keep up with the raiders who are filling out slots?

Jesus christ, is this really what the game has come to? The first thing that comes to people's mind when talking about raiding is LFR, and they just base their opinions on that? I haven't done LFR in ages and don't intend to.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#16Shadow_Of_FenixPosted 7/5/2013 11:06:46 AM
Lei Shen kills (10-player Normal Throne of Thunder)2
Lei Shen kills (25-player Normal Throne of Thunder)--
Lei Shen kills (10-player Heroic Throne of Thunder)--
Lei Shen kills (25-player Heroic Throne of Thunder)--
Ra-den defeated (10-player Heroic Throne of Thunder)--
Ra-den defeated (25-player Heroic Throne of Thunder)-

You've Full Cleared ToT.....

2 TIMES......

and you think you actually know what your talking about? Gear DPS and let the big boys play now.
---
Why do you call yourself Mature Link if you hate Nintendo so much?! Should your name be something like: Humps__t3h__Sony? Super SEGA Bros
#17Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 11:11:03 AM
^This kid has no idea who I am.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#18Lucius43Posted 7/5/2013 11:19:17 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...

they are cute when they try though
#19Black_Mage_MeeePosted 7/5/2013 11:22:33 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Jesus christ, is this really what the game has come to? The first thing that comes to people's mind when talking about raiding is LFR, and they just base their opinions on that? I haven't done LFR in ages and don't intend to.

When all they do is LFR that's what they have on mind ;)
---
~Kweh
#20stopreadnamethxPosted 7/5/2013 11:22:45 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...

Implying who you are anyone who matters enough to be remembered.

Stop acting "internet famous", random faceless person.
---
stopreadsigkthxbai