This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are they ever going to come up with a legendary bonus that tanks will even want?

#21KokeiiPosted 7/5/2013 12:35:02 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
^This kid has no idea who I am.

I've been hanging around this board for years and I have no clue who you are either, other than just a random name I see here and there. Please enlighten us ignorant folks.
#22Loserman15Posted 7/5/2013 12:47:20 PM
Indeed, I've been here since 2004 and I don't have one reason to give a s*** about you.
#23AmakusaPosted 7/5/2013 12:53:20 PM
Kokeii posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...
^This kid has no idea who I am.

I've been hanging around this board for years and I have no clue who you are either, other than just a random name I see here and there. Please enlighten us ignorant folks.

The Juggernaut?
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#24Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 12:58:45 PM
Well, that one blew up more than I hoped it would.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#25Wyrmwarrior5Posted 7/5/2013 12:59:47 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...

It's okay Lightning Bolt, I know who you are!
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#26Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 1:00:26 PM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

It's okay Lightning Bolt, I know who you are!

<3
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#27ChocoboMog123Posted 7/5/2013 1:02:46 PM
Better than the old Ardent Defender? Some people aren't remembering Ardent Defender:

Wrath-Logo-Small Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced). In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead heal the paladin for up to 10/20/30% of maximum health depending on the paladin's defense rating (example: a paladin with defense equal to only 5 times his or her level will receive no healing from the talent, while a paladin who is immune to critical strikes from boss creatures through defense will receive the maximum amount). Old was "Any damage taken by the paladin while at 35% health or below is reduced."

The life saving aspect was just OP gravy, but it was an entirely passive damage reduction that basically gave you a huge EHP boost in a time when EHP was all that mattered (Stam gems in EVERY socket). It basically gave you 15% more EHP (8.75% in 3.2.2) and then saved you from insta-gibs (in a time when bosses hit harder and less often) on top of that.

Lightning Bolt posted...

Then explain Paladins.
Protip: Haste isn't the best TDR, smoothing, or EH stat for them, or any combination of second bests.

Other than Stam, I think it is when you include SoI procs.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#28silentzedPosted 7/5/2013 1:27:51 PM
I definitely know who you are, but I won't lie that coming back with the defense, "This kid doesn't know who I am." is presumptuous as best, very arrogant at worst, and condescending either way, so the visceral reaction shouldn't exactly be a surprise (Even if 'they started it').

Either way, I think it's a decent bonus, even if it will realistically only be used for cheesing or when you/your healers shouldn't have let you get to that point in the first place. It's not as good as say some random mitigation proc.

I do worry that this will make cheesing more prevalent (Single tank Prot. Paladins using bubbles to clear debuffs come to mind), though, as well as how/if this will affect PvP.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#29xFilthPosted 7/5/2013 1:40:55 PM
popcorn.gif
#30Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 1:43:24 PM
ChocoboMog123 posted...
Other than Stam, I think it is when you include SoI procs.

That's pathetic smoothing on anything other than Theck's simulations of a boss autoattacking.
For predictable spikes, mastery is king ofc. TDR is actually ruled by avoidance (which is why Blizz was so mindblown that no one wants it) and stam covers unpredictable spikes.

Haste is just a perfect storm of decent smoothing and decnt tdr, but primarily AMAZING DEEPS. SoI and SS scaling with Haste help more than a little, but if you had zero interest in anything but tankiness then you would definitely not go haste.

silentzed posted...
Either way, I think it's a decent bonus, even if it will realistically only be used for cheesing or when you/your healers shouldn't have let you get to that point in the first place. It's not as good as say some random mitigation proc.

It's not that I think the bonus will be useless. I just don't think it's good enough to warrant choosing it over the dps one. Dat proc looks sexy.
---
-The Rev