This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leveling as Prot - Getting harrassed in random dungeons.

#1NerdralusPosted 7/14/2013 10:32:44 AM
When I first started my warrior I was fury, but I switched to prot for leveling, I'm leveling as Prot because the complete awesomeness of this Shield bash I practically one shot mobs with it.

Anyways I hit 15 and queued for random dungeons I wanted to get get some better gear than my greens. I'm leveling as prot due to how fast I kill stuff, but I don't want to tank. So I queued DPS. So I get a deadmines and immediately some guy in there harasses me from the start and repeatedly telling me I need to equip a two hander.

I tried to explain to him I'm prot and a 2hander would kill my damage and he started mocking me and saying I shouldn't be prot. I'd do more damage as a 2 hand wielder..

Should i not be queuing for dungeons then? Can I expect this throughout my leveling experience? I'm brand new to Warrior class but i'm killing stuff so fast with it because of that move out and about questing. I've had a few people tell I should level as Prot and my killing speed has drastically increased out questing in this spec.
#2KokeiiPosted 7/14/2013 10:36:58 AM
It's going to happen constantly if you're DPSing in instances as prot. It will also probably be less efficient later on, because a good deal of prot's (and other tank's) damage comes from vengeance, which, if you aren't actually tanking and getting hit, you won't build up. Once you hit level 30 just buy dual spec for like 10g and get a DPS spec for dungeons.
#3ShadowEdgeXPosted 7/14/2013 10:46:14 AM
Just tank, you're going to get made fun of and constantly kicked if you try and dps as prot because you'll always be pulling threat from the real tank.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#4AnaTheCatPosted 7/14/2013 10:48:45 AM
If you really want to actually do damage, you will tank instances, get hit, get that vengeance and wreck those mobs.
#5Nerdralus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 10:53:34 AM
Then I'm just not going to do dungeons at least until I get dual spec. I'm not tanking. I play to have fun, not have a stressful job.
#6RetributionV2Posted 7/14/2013 11:01:48 AM
Nerdralus posted...
Then I'm just not going to do dungeons at least until I get dual spec. I'm not tanking. I play to have fun, not have a stressful job.

Or, you know, you could always DPS in a DPS spec. People like you are one of the biggest reasons why this game is going downhill, player quality-wise.
---
>2013
>Not using meme arrows
#7Nerdralus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 11:06:50 AM
RetributionV2 posted...
Nerdralus posted...

Or, you know, you could always DPS in a DPS spec. People like you are one of the biggest reasons why this game is going downhill, player quality-wise.

I'm leveling as Prot though because it's quicker. I'm out questing when the queue comes up for a random dungeon. Explain to me as a Prot how I'm suddenly supposed to be another specialization until I unlock a dual spec?

I'm Prot and I'm not going to quest around as Fury just to please your ass. When i get to 30 I'll dual spec some crap build for dungeons...

but it's not going to stop me from rolling need on shields and one handers cause thats what i'm there for loot for my prot spec
#8hitman826Posted 7/14/2013 11:11:19 AM
RetributionV2 posted...
Nerdralus posted...

This.
---
It's space magic. We don't have to explain ****.
-- Bioware
#9Ness0123456789Posted 7/14/2013 11:13:20 AM(edited)
Nerdralus posted...
RetributionV2 posted...
Nerdralus posted...

I'm leveling as Prot though because it's quicker. I'm out questing when the queue comes up for a random dungeon. Explain to me as a Prot how I'm suddenly supposed to be another specialization until I unlock a dual spec?

I'm Prot and I'm not going to quest around as Fury just to please your ass. When i get to 30 I'll dual spec some crap build for dungeons...

but it's not going to stop me from rolling need on shields and one handers cause thats what i'm there for loot for my prot spec

Than your going to get harassed, it's a simple as that. Protection is not a DPS spec. Period. Your low level, and everything dies stupidly fast because of that reason only.

If you queue for a dungeon in protection spec as DPS, than yes, you are being a detriment to the party. It's really as simple as that.

And the harassmement is only going to get worst if you roll need on tanking gear when you are not, in fact, a tank.

This isn't a single player game, there are other people playing with you. If you do a dungeon, than you are going to have to conform to some basic etiquette. The only person being a jerk in all of this is you, not the people your playing with.

If you don't want to play well with others, thanks what you said: don't queue for dungeons.

And FYI, Fury or Arms will be better specs if you want to kill things quickly later on.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#10Major GamerPosted 7/14/2013 11:14:01 AM
Nerdralus posted...

By queueing as tank. You know, the spec you are. Don't want to? Then don't queue.
---
Can excessive stupidity be a valid reason for moderation?
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer