This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has CRZ brought World PvP back?

#11dj4242Posted 7/21/2013 4:05:00 AM
Honor Hold and the Dark Portal are the two busiest places I see for PvP.
---
Paul "The Kingslayer" George
http://bigminority.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/jesus_by_banja03.png
#12CM101PlayPosted 7/21/2013 4:59:39 AM
On a decently populated realm it couldn't be hard to hop between characters, challenge the other faction to a skirmish, and then two groups meet and go at it.
---
Married on 7/6/13
7+6=13. Our kid is gonna be so smart.
#13willythemailboyPosted 7/21/2013 8:05:54 AM
XtraT posted...
itt world pvp is supposed to involve something else than ganking

This. No one engages in world pvp looking for a fair fight.
---
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.
#14KraiserDragonPosted 7/21/2013 9:44:20 AM
If you want to see what CRZ + "World PvP" equate to take the port to Blasted Lands and have fun being ganked nonstop. The only thing CRZ has done is make it a hell of a lot more annoying to do anything in game.
---
Death is only the beginning.
#15mtg_mikePosted 7/22/2013 12:13:29 PM
World PvP is garbage with the 5.3 changes. Who PvPs? PvPers. PvPers in 496 gear. PvEers own world PvP with their uncapped 510-520 ilvl gear now and they don't even want to PvP anyway. It pretty much ruined PvP server PvP for anything but ganking. You can still gank lowbies. The end game world PvP is still heavily imbalanced, just heavily imbalanced in favor of PvE raiders now.

Long story short, unless your in a massive world PvP guild that likes to go into cities or honor vendors and pester people, you might as well just duel your own faction in between arenas or bgs.
#16ElaeusPosted 7/22/2013 12:50:33 PM
More like brought ganking back yes.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#17majinbuu58Posted 7/22/2013 7:20:01 PM
Kokeii posted...
My experience with world PvP while leveling characters since CRZ was implemented is basically this: 90s ganking lowbies in places like HFP, then the lowbies logging on to their mains and/or calling in friends to fight the gankers, then the gankers fleeing to find new lowbies to kill. You'll find a few decent skirmishes between 90s here and there, but honestly for PvP (which is a joke to begin with in this game), you're better off sticking with BGs and Arenas. And again this has just been MY experience. I never go out looking for world PvP, so maybe someone who does will have something different to say.

It's essentially this. There's just a ton of lvl 90s in hellfire and that's it. Soon as I hit zangar, i was in a dead zone. lol
#18mtg_mikePosted 7/30/2013 5:17:54 AM
World PvP isn't coming back until the players that actually enjoy PvPing can do it in their PvP gear.

PvPers in 496 PvP gear are like bugs on the ground to 520-540 ilvl PvEers with the 5.3 changes catering to raiders.
#19ToadstoolPeachPosted 7/30/2013 6:25:46 AM
I was on my warlock the other day and ported to the Dark Portal to solo BT and saw a flagged level 62 blood elf DK slowly flying toward the portal. I made him explode and laughed myself to tears as his body went splat on the ground...then I felt a little bad.
#20Little ZardarPosted 7/30/2013 6:36:53 AM
ToadstoolPeach posted...
I was on my warlock the other day and ported to the Dark Portal to solo BT and saw a flagged level 62 blood elf DK slowly flying toward the portal. I made him explode and laughed myself to tears as his body went splat on the ground...then I felt a little bad.

You feel bad about your killer instincts? You should feel bad.

Feel bad about feeling bad, baddie.
---
"My parents were mugged in a dark alley by cosmetic store items." - Jiruru