This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worried about the Legendary Cloaks

#11AssultTankPosted 7/18/2013 8:30:55 AM
Or, what about someone who has been really unlucky with the drops...

I was at 64 Sigils of Power before I got a Sigil of Wisdom...
That alone has put me 1 stage behind consistently...
I only just got to the Titan Runestones about two weeks ago...

And that is with full clearing every LFR that dropped my stuff every single week...

RNG happens, even to good players.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#12KokeiiPosted 7/18/2013 8:47:09 AM
lunchbox2042 posted...
scarecrows posted...
That_70s_show posted...
scarecrows posted...
You can get the legendary without ever setting foot in a real raid. If an LFR hero can get one and you don't have one, honestly you don't deserve to be in the raid core. I don't see a problem here.

And what if someone took a break from WoW, and due to that they don't have time to get all the quests done?

Or what if someone has alts they want to progress on?

So you feel that you can quit, and not continue to put the work in everyone else does and you should get the same raid spot? Really? You should be picked over someone who didn't quit and took the time to do all that tedious crap? No cloak, no raid. It's beautiful in its simplicity.

So you would take a mouthbreather who dies every pull because he got a cloak in lfr over a skilled player who took a break due to real life circumstances?

This person wouldn't last one week in a progression guild. Having a cloak and dying won't let you keep your raid spot. But if you have two equally skilled players, one with the cloak and one without, which one would you take?
#13redundanciesPosted 7/18/2013 9:16:22 AM
I don't know why this is even an argument. I'd wager that most guilds wouldn't refuse an entrant based on some arbitrary gear requirement (especially if said requirement was based on RNG and needing to pretty much play the entire expansion), they'd bring him or her in and give them a trial period. If the player is good, they'll earn their raid spot.
#14scarecrowsPosted 7/18/2013 11:43:47 AM
lunchbox2042 posted...
scarecrows posted...
That_70s_show posted...
scarecrows posted...
You can get the legendary without ever setting foot in a real raid. If an LFR hero can get one and you don't have one, honestly you don't deserve to be in the raid core. I don't see a problem here.

And what if someone took a break from WoW, and due to that they don't have time to get all the quests done?

Or what if someone has alts they want to progress on?

So you feel that you can quit, and not continue to put the work in everyone else does and you should get the same raid spot? Really? You should be picked over someone who didn't quit and took the time to do all that tedious crap? No cloak, no raid. It's beautiful in its simplicity.

So you would take a mouthbreather who dies every pull because he got a cloak in lfr over a skilled player who took a break due to real life circumstances?

No, I would take both and try each out. If they're of equal skill I'd take the one with the cloak, as would everyone.
---
They stopped making pennies so I no longer care about your two cents.
#15Sephiroth ZetaPosted 7/18/2013 12:19:39 PM
WaffIeElite posted...
Actually my point is that the cloaks shouldn't be achievable from LFR, and especially not raid-wide. That is going to force Blizzard to tune the content for having said cloak. But the problem comes when trying to fill out raid slots with people who haven't bothered getting their cloak quests past the initial stages, and there's a lot of people like that.

Recruiting has gotten so bad since LFR :(

Not only that, but there's also more recent 90s.
The catch-up gear will make achieving a higher overall item level easier, the cloak could still hold players back for weeks, even though their item level is good enough for said raid.
---
This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
#164sakuraHa0Posted 7/18/2013 12:48:29 PM
WaffIeElite posted...
Not sure if anyone else has thought about this, or been around since TBC to have this sort of concern over the legendary cloaks that are going to be available soon. They're going to be opening up a pretty big dilemma of recruiting for raid guilds, far worse than TBC's attunements (Which I think were fine, but that's another argument).

Every legendary in the past had some degree or luck or skill to obtaining it. Varying degrees of each, but limiting factors to keep them from going out of control. Now with the Legendary being accessible by everybody, it's going to be a standard. Heroic content will be tuned for having a full guild with cloaks.

But of course, hardcore raiders already are waiting on quest chains now, that's not the issue here. The dedicated players who are 10/13 heroic ToT or better are all set with no problems. The issue is going to come with recruiting. How many guilds do you suspect are going to have "No Legendary, no thanks" posted on their recruitment forums? Every damn guild that can progress anywhere meaningful.

Players who slacked on their cloaks are going to make a bigger rift in recruiting than we've seen so far in MoP. Recruiting in WoW has traditionally been growing more difficult with each passing expansion, as Blizzard has allowed less skilled players to be awarded gear, causing two problems. #1 being harder to tell who is actually up to par, requiring apps to upload parses, sift through achievements and of course, trial runs. #2 being fewer players bothering to apply to guilds, starving raid guilds of quality players to progress.

Blizzard (Hopefully) isn't going to trivialize the heroic content to be reasonably doable without the cloaks, but if they don't, there's going to be a huge amount of players who are too far behind on the legendary to possibly fill recruitment holes in guilds.

TLDR: Casuals shouldn't get legendaries. Bad things happen.

Find another raiding guild that do not require Legendary cloak.
I am seeing more and more raiding guild actively recruiting on my realm.
Most of them just asking previous raiding experience(obviously!) and gear.

Then, you can come back to the guild that previously rejected you.
"Look, I managed to complete heroic content without Legendary cloak."
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#17Shannon Spencer FoxPosted 7/24/2013 1:24:03 PM
lunchbox2042 posted...

That's making the assumption that the people who gear up in LFR are 'mouthbreathers', as you said. I won't deny that's a possibility, but it's also possible that they...

1) Enjoy raiding, but don't have a schedule that lends itself well to a strict raiding schedule.

2) Are one of the people who, as you said, haven't been raiding due to real-life circumstances, and are using it to get on roughly even footing to the current raiding level.

3) Also enjoy raiding, but aren't willing to put up with the drama and other hassle required to either join or belong to a raiding guild.

I should add that, technically, #2 happened to me and my significant-other back in Wrath... or more specifically, the guild we were in previously was just plain awful, and we migrated servers (and factions) to join a friend of mine's server, where things were better. Problem was... our gear wasn't as high as everyone else's in the group they ran with, so we weren't with them long. LFR, for all its faults (and I won't even begin to deny them, since I don't particularly like LFR either...) gives people a chance to catch up and get to know the fights without being 'stuck', basically.

Also, I'm actually in group #3 right now... since our current raiding situation completely fell apart a few months ago, and quite honestly, I'm so very tired of having to deal with that. LFR's at least given us a chance to (kind of...) see the fights, and let me participate in probably the only legendary questline my Hunter-playing butt will be able to ever see.

(... And the first person to mention anything containing the phrase 'Thori'dal' is going to pay, so help me...)
---
'The boundlessness of my own stupidity is the most important lesson I have ever learned in my entire life.' -- Daniel O'Brian
#18failure_turtlePosted 7/25/2013 6:15:54 AM
Woah, Woah, WOAH!

Heroic raiding guilds don't want applicants who slack on their raid gear?

Wow is dead! RIP.
---
Be yonce.
#19redundanciesPosted 7/25/2013 6:57:12 AM
Shannon Spencer Fox posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...

That's making the assumption that the people who gear up in LFR are 'mouthbreathers', as you said. I won't deny that's a possibility, but it's also possible that they...

1) Enjoy raiding, but don't have a schedule that lends itself well to a strict raiding schedule.

2) Are one of the people who, as you said, haven't been raiding due to real-life circumstances, and are using it to get on roughly even footing to the current raiding level.

3) Also enjoy raiding, but aren't willing to put up with the drama and other hassle required to either join or belong to a raiding guild.

There's also the factor that it's pretty near impossible to get the cloak if you're a poor player. The Thunder Forge quest will stop the bad players, and if not that, the celestial challenge certainly will.