This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Player housing and Rift

#21scarecrowsPosted 7/29/2013 6:29:06 PM
Aceron posted...
Being able to redecorate a thing has the effect of psychologically 'marking' it as your own. Gives you a heightened sense of ownership.

That's why I pee on everything.
---
They stopped making pennies so I no longer care about your two cents.
#22xDallasPosted 7/29/2013 8:58:09 PM
I hope they add it.

When I used to play Runescape my favorite skill was Construction.
---
wiener in my butt- Bradcube
#23AceronPosted 7/29/2013 9:08:58 PM
scarecrows posted...
Aceron posted...
Being able to redecorate a thing has the effect of psychologically 'marking' it as your own. Gives you a heightened sense of ownership.

That's why I pee on everything.

If your sense of smell is good enough for that to work, I'm sorry.
:)
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#24Ashor3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 1:52:02 AM
xDallas posted...
I hope they add it.

When I mentioned to a friend that Rift had player housing, he said that a lot of old games like Everquest has it. Seems weird that a lot of the newer MMOs haven't taken it on.
#25redundanciesPosted 7/30/2013 4:31:23 AM
panzar dragoon posted...
redundancies posted...
After all this time, I still don't see any value to player housing. I play WoW to play it - going out, slaying monsters, all that good stuff. Having a house to chill out in, or show off you shinies, just wouldn't appeal to me.

People just want things to show off. That's why we have transmogs, fancy looking armor, vanity items, pets, pet-battles, and every other 'serves no purpose but fun' thing. People want to show off the things they have. By your logic, I can assume you don't engage in anything but strict PvE and PvP content.

I think it's more of a "location" thing to me. If I want to show off a cool pet, mount or transmog, I can do it wherever I am - to show off my house, I'd have to travel with the other player to whatever location it's at. I don't do a lot of "showing" anyway, I just use pets, mounts and transmogs that I personally like.
#26AceronPosted 7/30/2013 9:37:02 AM
Ashor3 posted...
xDallas posted...
I hope they add it.

When I mentioned to a friend that Rift had player housing, he said that a lot of old games like Everquest has it. Seems weird that a lot of the newer MMOs haven't taken it on.

It's 'cause it's a tremendous drain on art and development resources for a dubious return. Usually housing is enjoyed rabidly by a small fraction of the player base, and pretty much ignored by the rest.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#27BigBoss2021Posted 7/30/2013 2:25:44 PM
This mmo Dragon's Prophet seems to do a great job at player housing. Pretty terrible at everything else though.

Also, Wildstar is gonna have player housing, and that game looks pretty awesome.
---
Ever had a problem taking care of eggs and keeping them from getting squashed or spoiled? Keep em outside except if it's hot out then you are out of luck pal.