This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the most exciting thing for you for new expansions besides new classes?

#1g0tbeef89Posted 8/6/2013 7:08:49 PM
For me, I love it when they revamp the different classes (since I'm an altaholic with all 11 classes at 90) and the different spec so that they play differently and that their central theme is clearer. That's the best "content" of a new expansion for me.

As for other things such as quests and dungeons/raids, it's pretty similar all the way through but I can enjoy playing these similar quests/dungeons/raids in a different fashion with new class mechanics and THAT'S what keeps WoW fresh for me.

A close second is the different art for new raid gear. I like to collect transmog sets.

That's pretty much WoW for me. Used to be hardcore raider in Vanilla/BC, then stopped during Wotlk because of other life commitments and then came back in Cata. Couldn't get back into raiding again because I found the players on my server really suck with only one good guild who knew how to organize strategies and play but unfortunately their schedule is too much for me. Now I am just zzzzzing in LFR, which is really not fun for me so instead I just level alts and run old dungeons for tmog.
---
"Zerg is too op i make mutas and 3-3 marine die." - DristX99.
Ignoring all from tote since 2011.
#2thronedfire2Posted 8/6/2013 7:13:09 PM
leveling through new content
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#3Little ZardarPosted 8/6/2013 7:16:21 PM
something about replacing my raid gear with greens always warmed my heart
---
"My parents were mugged in a dark alley by cosmetic store items." - Jiruru
#4angrywalrus13Posted 8/6/2013 7:23:38 PM
thronedfire2 posted...

This. I really enjoy the art of new zones and going through new stories. Pandaria was far from a disappointment for that, and I'm excited for new possibly-space stuff.
---
oh hi
#5InfestedAdamPosted 8/6/2013 7:48:34 PM
thronedfire2 posted...

Couldn't agree more. Even when I raided a lot I had the most fun with leveling and running instances with friends and guildmates. When it became running for reputation or gear the fun started to die out.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#6gamedude00000Posted 8/7/2013 8:08:36 AM
I honestly can't decide, so I guess the most exciting thing about new expansions is precisely that. They're new expansions.

+More Levels
+More Zones
+More Story/Lore
+New Mounts/Faction related items
+New Dungeons, Heroics, Raids

Sometimes we get a new class, others new races, in the case of MoP we got both.
---
Now Playing: WoW, GW2, Day Z, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#7teltecPosted 8/7/2013 8:28:22 AM
InfestedAdam posted...
thronedfire2 posted...

Couldn't agree more. Even when I raided a lot I had the most fun with leveling and running instances with friends and guildmates. When it became running for reputation or gear the fun started to die out.

This.
---
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill
#8Ness0123456789Posted 8/7/2013 8:51:37 AM
The nee storyline/lore.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#9ryanell666Posted 8/7/2013 9:02:34 AM
Floating continent in the sky that consistently changes location.

Dissolving Factions

Level 90 daily quests in every zone.
#10DarthSchubertPosted 8/7/2013 10:08:10 AM
New zones, really. I'm not hardcore enough for new raids usually, and new classes are just another thing I won't get to max level.

What I don't look forward to with new expansions are new tweaks that oversimplify things I was used to at their already very simple level. Booooorrrrriiiinnngg.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."