This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anticipated new expansion release date?

#1Digital_Knyte07Posted 8/7/2013 7:03:55 PM
Late Q2/early Q3 2014? I really like raiding at the beginning of an expansion, like I did in Wrath and Cata. I jumped in mid-tier for a little while in MoP, and although I geared pretty quickly I just didn't enjoy it. Heroics 5-mans and Normal raids were horrendously easy compared to Cata, (CC'd ONCE for Glintrok...) and I just didn't enjoy it.

Also MSV/HoF/ToES/ToT normal version are all way easier than BoT/BWD/ToFW, for me at least. Magmaw and Halfus were WAY harder than this Stone Guardian s*** lol. I'm looking forward to getting a fresh start and hopefully wiping on heroic dungeons at least a couple times next xpac.

P.S. It's not that all the mechanics are bad, there is just too much room for error in a lot of the fights. What should have been a wipe and learn moment is a "dw we can still down him" moment. You're not penalized for being bad so you don't need to learn and adapt. I liked most of ToT though, esp. Tortos and Iron Qon.
---
I hate college but love all the parties
Finishing kegs and crushing bottles of Bacardi
#2thronedfire2Posted 8/7/2013 7:06:18 PM
It's not even announced yet and there has been zero early development information leaked. I'd say it's at least a year away.
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#3gamedude00000Posted 8/7/2013 7:21:07 PM
Vanilla 2004
BC 2006
WotLK 2008
Cata 2010
MoP 2012

I'd be very surprised if it's not out fall of next year, I'm sure we'll see something about it at Blizzcon if not sooner.
---
Now Playing: WoW, GW2, Day Z, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#4scarecrowsPosted 8/7/2013 8:24:16 PM
It's coming out in the spring. They said 6 month cycles and that they only want mop to be a year and a half. No more 2 year crap.
---
They stopped making pennies so I no longer care about your two cents.
#5gamefaqwatcherPosted 8/7/2013 9:08:26 PM
Probably May. Just doesn't sound right.

TBH i think it will be longer than 6 months. If they throw in a 5.5 (not pre-patch) then i see them using that as an excuse for 10-12 months of SoO (like DS/ICC). Wasn't mop announced before 4.3? Anal pass came out just before it and i think beta access was announced as well.

Also note, didn't mop beta start in April? That's a good 5 months of 'testing' / advertising. I just don't see it being released earlier than previous expansions. Maybe they'll beat the gap by 1 month this time.....lol.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#6CacofiendPosted 8/8/2013 1:57:38 AM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
Probably May. Just doesn't sound right.

TBH i think it will be longer than 6 months. If they throw in a 5.5 (not pre-patch) then i see them using that as an excuse for 10-12 months of SoO (like DS/ICC). Wasn't mop announced before 4.3? Anal pass came out just before it and i think beta access was announced as well.

Also note, didn't mop beta start in April? That's a good 5 months of 'testing' / advertising. I just don't see it being released earlier than previous expansions. Maybe they'll beat the gap by 1 month this time.....lol.

Have to say I kinda agree with this. I think next month the Ogr raid patch will be out, then 6 months of raiding then final filler patch leading to next expansion. Some people will come back when the last MoP raid comes out to try it out, but if say after around 6-7 months no release happens for next expansion I can see them loosing a ton of subs until it does.

I'm curious though in all of this when the Beta will be available for testing as if we're looking at a realease date of May/June next year it could feel a bit rushed just to get it out and possibly released with unfinished testing.
#7scarecrowsPosted 8/8/2013 5:33:47 AM
Nope.

Already being internally tested and being finished up. Blizzcon they will announce it, and let everyone know that the beta will be starting in a couple weeks. Then they will test for 4-5 months and release in the spring.

Patches are free. Expansions are not. They figured that out, they also figured out sub spikes happen during expansions. So they specifically have said many times they are done with 2 year expansions, they want them out faster. 5.4 is the last content patch, I'm getting sick of saying this. There will be no 5.5, get over it.
---
#8sylverlololPosted 8/8/2013 8:30:51 AM(edited)
scarecrows posted...
It's coming out in the spring. They said 6 month cycles and that they only want mop to be a year and a half. No more 2 year crap.

Yeah, they said the same thing about Cata only being a year and a half and we saw how well that worked out...

scarecrows posted...
Nope.

Already being internally tested and being finished up. Blizzcon they will announce it, and let everyone know that the beta will be starting in a couple weeks. Then they will test for 4-5 months and release in the spring.

Did you hear all this from your uncle's cousin's brother's nephew twice removed who just so happens to work for Blizzard?
---
"You need to get your point out in one or two paragraphs. This is a message board, not a therapy session." - TreGooda
#9scarecrowsPosted 8/8/2013 8:47:42 AM
sylverlolol posted...
scarecrows posted...

Yeah, they said the same thing about Cata only being a year and a half and we saw how well that worked out...

scarecrows posted...
Nope.

Did you hear all this from your uncle's cousin's brother's nephew twice removed who just so happens to work for Blizzard?

If by uncle you mean reading mmochamp and using common sense then yes.
---
#10angrywalrus13Posted 8/8/2013 8:49:32 AM

Well, looking at how well MoP's content patches have been going, I'd wager they're finally getting on the ball with churning stuff out more quickly.
---
oh hi