This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

8 year player. First time Horde

#1scott242436Posted 8/16/2013 12:31:15 PM
I have played the game off and on for a very long time now. I started Ally back then and now have almost every class to 90. With the whole Garroish Hellscream story building up I have really been itching to play horde so I can see the story from that side of the fence. My question is which race/class on the horde side will give me the best overall leveling experience and story? Or should I just faction change one of my toons and go back and do just certian zones? Thanks in advance
---
I was first team all-state, I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here if I want to. -Vince Vaughn
#2axl_absolvedPosted 8/16/2013 12:37:34 PM
I'm also an 8 year old player, so I know where you're coming from, but you should really play the Alliance because they are the good guys and the Horde are just bad guys like Dr. Doom.
#3ZimmermanIsGodPosted 8/16/2013 12:53:06 PM
Stick to playing Alliance scum, we don't want you in the Horde.
#4Ork_HeroPosted 8/16/2013 12:54:04 PM
There are so many different perspectives on the race relations on Garrosh, so it is really hard to suggest a race. THey all have really deep stakes and views with different nuances that you really just have to play to see for yourself. I'd suggest Troll or goblin if you want to be seen as the less favorable race in Garrosh's view that are told pretty well in the early levels. Of course he sees all non orcs as inferior but those were the two races that had a big impact to me on the current storyline.
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#5Twenty0nePosted 8/16/2013 1:00:08 PM
Troll have a nice starting area, sen'jin and razor hill kinda suck now though (so much walking D:). But overall I think Troll would be best if you're doing it for the Garrosh storyline, they seem the most involved.
---
M's 2014
http://i.imgur.com/9WbAL.gif
#6EpicKingdom_Posted 8/16/2013 1:11:17 PM
I feel so bad when I hear of a WoW veteran... say first time horde.
---
i5-3570k w/ 212 Evo | Z77 Extreme4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition | 16GB of RAM | XFX PRO650w CE | 600GB WD | Fractal Design Define R4 case | 1080p.
#7AmakusaPosted 8/16/2013 1:51:38 PM
Start as a Troll. You'll learn quickly just how much Vol'jin and Garrosh dislike each other. When you get to the appropriate level go over to Silverpine Forest and find out just why the Forsaken hate Garrosh (doubly so since it's the best leveling zone at that level).
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#84sakuraHa0Posted 8/16/2013 2:00:22 PM
If you just want to keep up with the latest news, faction change your level 85 toons.

If not, Blood Elves.
I see a trend where all alliance players who did faction change, they could not handle the looks of all races but blood elf.

One story to close the week:
There was one guy who kept shouting Hero during one of LFR boss.
The other players yelled, "Go back to your Alliance side, Here, we use Blood Lust!"
So the guy replied "Yeah, I just did faction change to Tauren (he's druid btw) but they are so f#$%ing ugly."

Ohhh that was BIG mistake !!

After the boss fight, he was vote kicked and the guy who initiated the vote kick explained: "He insulted us, the Tauren!"

And that guy was kicked.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#9Twenty0nePosted 8/16/2013 2:05:21 PM
Yeah I say start troll then switch to the Forsaken Zones once you get to the orgrimmar zeppelins.
---
M's 2014
http://i.imgur.com/9WbAL.gif
#10Emerald_WyvernPosted 8/16/2013 2:29:58 PM
I'd say Tauren, but stick with Alliance still. The Horde is an infestation that needs to be cleansed.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock