This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alternatives to World of Warcraft

#1jdfo819Posted 8/27/2013 3:50:57 PM
Has anyone found a halfway decent free to play alternative to world of warcraft? Trying to find one and so far none of them have very good.
---
Load the wounded into the cannons and fire them at the poor!
#2DawnshadowPosted 8/27/2013 4:10:43 PM
Have you tried Rift? Haven't had time to do a ton with it, but the first 20 levels seemed pretty solid, if not /that/ different from Wrath era WoW.

I've a friend who's really enjoying Tera, but I've not tried it yet.

I've also played The Secret World (Buy to play, but Amazon has it for $15 or less every time they have a PC game sale.) The actual gameplay could use some work, but the questing experience is excellent and the class system is incredibly interesting-- it's well worth buying just to treat as a single player game.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#3realast_killaz1Posted 8/27/2013 4:15:21 PM
wolfquest
#4jumbocatPosted 8/27/2013 8:51:40 PM
If you want a free version of WoW I don't think you can get much better than Rift.
---
ED
AC
#5FierceHitmanPosted 8/27/2013 9:57:06 PM
If you want a free version of WoW I don't think you can get much better than swtor.

fix'd
#6xcmon3yx2Posted 8/27/2013 10:02:59 PM
FierceHitman posted...
If you want a free version of WoW I don't think you can get much better than swtor.

fix'd

only free to lvl 20
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777
Let's Play, and Guides
#7althalus26Posted 8/28/2013 1:05:56 AM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
FierceHitman posted...

fix'd

only free to lvl 20

Sorry to tell you but you are wrong. SW:ToR is free up to lvl 55 the only thing is that it has some restrictions for F2P. The worst being the limitations on the XP after level 10.
But other than the limitations its pretty decent game.
---
Light and Darkness is two sides of the same coin. One can not exist without the other.
#8BushidoMusashiPosted 8/28/2013 3:45:22 AM
If you really really want something to do other than wow I'll give you a list of viable options.

1. Spend time with your family.
2. Get a second job.
3. Go outside.
4. Find a girl/boy friend.
5. Do charity work.
6. Organize your closet.
7. Run a marathon.
8. Take up painting.

You can try one or a combination of any of these options. But honestly, why would you want to leave wow ? Its totally fulfilling.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#9SpookingPosted 8/28/2013 5:07:09 AM
TC, I felt the same way, but I always had bad experiences: cash shops, no end-game, cash shops, no people/game getting shut down, cash shops. The only semi-good experience I had was in Vindictus. You can check out a YouTube video to see if you like the combat and whatnot. Not sure how it's been since I haven't played that for about a year or so.
---
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
#10Orestes417Posted 8/28/2013 5:11:04 AM
Rift is basically TBC 2.0, and has a decent F2P model. Even better if you pick up a boxed copy for $5 or so and unlock virtually the entire game. TOR's F2P model on the other hand sucks massively.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.