This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free 7 days for 5.4?

#11seasloth21Posted 9/10/2013 1:24:42 AM
scarecrows posted...
SIash posted...
The_Arcane_One posted...
I think he means free 7 days for inactive accounts, to try the patch. Simmer down?

Yes this, They have done it sometimes.

Don't want to pay 15$ to try new patch

It's pathetic that $15 is too much for you. You might want to spend your time looking for a job instead of playing a video game. I can't imagine my life ever being so **** that $15 is out of my reach.

Having money doesn't mean it's smart to waste it.
#12Leo0820Posted 9/11/2013 11:11:11 PM
Hey, so an update on this... Saw a Facebook ad for 7 free days, so I hopped over to battle.net to verify and what do you know, they're giving out a free week.

So there ya go.
---
Leo's AMP has increased by 1.
#13DavzzPosted 9/12/2013 12:33:36 AM
Leo0820 posted...
Hey, so an update on this... Saw a Facebook ad for 7 free days, so I hopped over to battle.net to verify and what do you know, they're giving out a free week.

Could you link me to this? Whether the Bnet page or the Facebook Ad, either.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#14Leo0820Posted 9/12/2013 5:08:06 AM
Davzz posted...
Could you link me to this? Whether the Bnet page or the Facebook Ad, either.

You should be able to find it in the rewards and referrals section of your account, if you're unsubbed. That's the safest way to check it out.

The promotion's splash page is here:

http://us.battle.net/en/promotion/wow/

You'll need to have been inactive since at least July 27th, according to the fine print.
---
Leo's AMP has increased by 1.
#15vahndragonwingPosted 9/12/2013 5:10:30 AM
amzgspyderman posted...
of course not, and it's stupid to suggest otherwise. blizz has never given away game time with expansions, let alone patches. there's the free month, and when that's done, the handouts are over.

So how does it feel to be like, literally 100% wrong?
---
IMO
#16cpo335Posted 9/12/2013 6:06:50 AM
I just tried to active tnhe promotion only to discover that my account has been hacked. How do I restore my character?
---
"...a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock."
#17Wookie_Is_BackPosted 9/12/2013 6:34:31 AM
Nice, a free week to test it out before GTA 5 comes out.
#18blax34dmPosted 9/17/2013 9:38:42 AM
vahndragonwing posted...
amzgspyderman posted...
of course not, and it's stupid to suggest otherwise. blizz has never given away game time with expansions, let alone patches. there's the free month, and when that's done, the handouts are over.

So how does it feel to be like, literally 100% wrong?

Lol got that jabroni
#19MarikhenPosted 9/18/2013 3:36:17 AM
scarecrows posted...
It's pathetic that $15 is too much for you. You might want to spend your time looking for a job instead of playing a video game. I can't imagine my life ever being so **** that $15 is out of my reach.

It's better to be thought a fool than to spend one's money and prove it.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#20Ivany2008Posted 9/18/2013 2:14:34 PM
In todays society 15 dollars is something i'd much rather save to put towards a newer game like GTA5 or Pokemon X. Its not about affording it or not. I can have just as much fun with a free to play game as I can with a game I pay 60 dollars from, hell Jetpack Joyride on the iOs set me back a good 60 or so hours

That 15 dollars can be used to buy me a nice meal at a cheap restaurant, or put towards some new work shoes. If I was at a minimum wage job getting 600 a pay period(2 weeks where I live) 500 of that would be going towards bills, food, rent and gas. The remaining 100 has to get me by for the next 2 weeks and who knows what expenses I could end up having if things like my car breaks down, girlfriend gets pregnant or my dog gets sick.

I hate the kind of ignorance that 15 dollars isn't a lot of money. It is to people that have minimum wage jobs, for me personally, I got quite a bit of student loans that i'm forced to pay back. So even if I get a higher paying job, my priorities will be paying them back first than buying a monthly subscription to a game that I have already experienced the vast majority of the content to.

Got off on a bit of a tangent there......