This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question (been a LONG time since I played)

#1DahlVaughnniPosted 9/13/2013 1:43:46 PM
Last time I played was around the time Ulduar came out. Soo... I'm seeing ads everywhere for "siege of orgrimmar". Why is Orgrimmar being sieged? Is it not the Orc capital? Can someone update me on the story a little? Where is the Orcs' new capital if not Orgrimmar?
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#2vahndragonwingPosted 9/13/2013 1:45:35 PM
Dude, I hate to be 'that guy', but there has been a LOT of development since ulduar. This isn't a quick 'oh, so did they switch cities?' kind of question, this is like 3+ years of lore happening.

Short version? Garrosh is warchief, he's a dick, we're dethroning him.
---
IMO
#3DahlVaughnni(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 1:48:19 PM(edited)
vahndragonwing posted...
Dude, I hate to be 'that guy', but there has been a LOT of development since ulduar. This isn't a quick 'oh, so did they switch cities?' kind of question, this is like 3+ years of lore happening.

Short version? Garrosh is warchief, he's a dick, we're dethroning him.

I don't need an entire catchup on lore, just the Orgrimmar bit. I knew Thrall stepped down and let Garrosh ascend and that Garrosh is a brute, but I mean.. If Orgrimmar is now a raid zone, do the Orcs in fact have a new city?

And your short version answered most of what I was asking anyways.
---
#4vahndragonwingPosted 9/13/2013 1:50:02 PM
The city is instanced

The raid is basically people showing up and kicking his ass, not really any need to phase the whole thing
---
IMO
#5DahlVaughnni(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 2:03:38 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
The city is instanced

The raid is basically people showing up and kicking his ass, not really any need to phase the whole thing

So the city remains exactly the same, you just enter an instanced version of it?
---
#6bstbllPosted 9/13/2013 2:33:53 PM(edited)
The city has changed significantly since Ulduar.

However, that's not because of this raid. There is no real change to the city in the open world that happens as a result of the raid, and the raid happens entirely within the instance. I assume any city changes would happen with 5.5
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#7vahndragonwingPosted 9/13/2013 2:35:33 PM(edited)
DahlVaughnni posted...
vahndragonwing posted...
The city is instanced

So the city remains exactly the same, you just enter an instanced version of it?

the same as every raid or instance, yes
---
IMO