This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Warrior or Paladin tank?

#1BranchosPosted 9/19/2013 12:45:48 PM
Which is better? My warrior is level 58 and my Paladin 56 and I like both so far. Paladin tanking is a lot more relaxing though, does it stay that way?
---
http://i.imgur.com/YEU94Ot.jpg
#2BrahaunPosted 9/19/2013 1:01:22 PM
good question. would like to know as well
---
SA Nuzlocke: Kips (Mudkip), Blerops (Wurmple)
#3EDarienPosted 9/19/2013 1:48:15 PM
I vote Paladin. I've just always enjoyed it more and Warrior has always bored me. The highest I ever got and then never played it again was about 62. Paladin I've raised up a few times, always Prot. Remember it's always about preference as the game no longer makes any one tank "mandatory" anymore.

Basically I like Paladin more since it's a lot more AoE abilities available when needed, but all tanks still hold aggro the same. So if ST aggro isn't an issue, but one is better for AoE, then take that one. Plus, again, I just like it better for "rotation" and the flavor of the class.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#4silentzedPosted 9/19/2013 1:57:28 PM
All I know is that our Prot. Paladin soloed Galakras from 18% to dead with the help of the NPCs on a called wipe (after everyone but him was dead) because he knew he could do it in our 10 man normal.

He had 8 stacks when it died.

/balanced
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#5superhoffyPosted 9/19/2013 2:05:51 PM
look at the staples of the classes, it's basically:

Charge
vs
Bubble & Full heal

choose between epic mobility powers and epic immune/full heal
#6WaffIeElitePosted 9/19/2013 4:45:45 PM
superhoffy posted...
look at the staples of the classes, it's basically:

Charge
vs
Bubble & Full heal

choose between epic mobility powers and epic immune/full heal

That is such a faulty argument I'm insulted, as a Prot Warrior. You clearly haven't done any raiding as either class.

Currently Paladins are staying ahead of Warriors for a couple reasons:

- The added utility of emergency heals is particularly helpful in 10-mans. Heals that scale with Vengeance.
- Paladins can solo tank fights more easily, as lots of the debuffs in ToT particularly, and a few now in SoO (Though Blizzard has been careful to not do this much) are physical and you can Divine Shield or Hand of Protection them right off. Given another Paladin can do it to another tank, but that's less likely in 10's
- Paladin damage is significantly higher, as well as better AOE and ranged threat capabilities
- Paladins bring more raid utility in the form of Hand spells, Aura, and Battle Healer. Warriors bring a bit of extra DPS during cooldown phases and Rallying Cry

Warriors aren't bad at all, and I certainly don't regret mine. Warriors tank perfectly well and have some good niches, like mobility and extra raid DPS, but if you're looking for the current flavor of the month, Paladin takes the cake between those two.
#7gamefreak1972Posted 9/19/2013 4:54:36 PM
Waffle beat me to it, and he summed it up well.

I also have a warrior and a pally - both tanks. I do have an easier time with the pally right now- keep in mind with buffs and nerfs, the balance there can change at the whim of Blizzard.

Being able to cast the occasional Lay on Hands/emergency heal is nice, but with a good guild healer I don't know that I would put too much weight there.

Both classes can handle the job...so...go with what you enjoy is my .02....
#8TheGamer18Posted 9/19/2013 8:28:58 PM
Paladin only if you ever decide to heal. otherwise they are pretty decent. I like the idea of a Warrior tank, and I love rage, but Paladin tanks are probably the most overpowered at the moment because of their immunity abilities, they can literally cheese their way through a lot of mechanics. in fact I just did 10man ToT with 1 tank the entire raid last night . he was a Paladin lol.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ -Red |||||||||||||| -Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] -Blue
ooo so cool i'm cris ooooo (╯3╰)
#9UnboundAbyssPosted 9/19/2013 8:42:32 PM
TheGamer18 posted...
Paladin only if you ever decide to heal. otherwise they are pretty decent. I like the idea of a Warrior tank, and I love rage, but Paladin tanks are probably the most overpowered at the moment because of their immunity abilities, they can literally cheese their way through a lot of mechanics. in fact I just did 10man ToT with 1 tank the entire raid last night . he was a Paladin lol.

Unless they changed Lei-Shen's Decapitate ability I highly doubt this.
---
Why should you care if someone has what you have if looks cool to you? oh right you wanna be a special snowflake. :l - shawn10000000
#10EvilMonkeyPosted 9/20/2013 9:27:09 AM(edited)
Paladin, easily. Warrior tanking was a nightmare for me. Always has been.
---
"Our history now falls from a kingdom of gold to one of iron and rust." -Cassius Dio