This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Warrior or Paladin tank?

#11bstbllPosted 9/20/2013 8:58:46 AM(edited)
you can tell people aren't totally clueless because they talk about battle healer as if it's not garbage now

/s

that said, pallies are still the most desirable tanks right now, and I personally enjoy my paladin more than my warrior
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#12silentzedPosted 9/20/2013 10:21:27 AM
gamefreak1972 posted...
Waffle beat me to it, and he summed it up well.

I also have a warrior and a pally - both tanks. I do have an easier time with the pally right now- keep in mind with buffs and nerfs, the balance there can change at the whim of Blizzard.

Being able to cast the occasional Lay on Hands/emergency heal is nice, but with a good guild healer I don't know that I would put too much weight there.

Both classes can handle the job...so...go with what you enjoy is my .02....

In regards to changing at a whim, Paladin tanks have been top tier or near top tier for the majority now of WoW. They were great at endgame (read Sunwell) in BC, they were the best tanks to do H LK, they were great throughout Cata (sharing with Druids for things like DS) and are one of the best tanks in MoP.

Warrior tanking is great and capable, Paladins are just stronger right now and have been for quite a while =/

If it ever changes, it won't be a whim so much as a long overdue bit of balance.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#134sakuraHa0Posted 9/20/2013 10:41:43 AM
Paladin is more relaxed in term of AoE tanking.
You start the pull with almost the same way(Run in-consecrate-hammer-shield).
Paladin has more heal
Paladin has more raid utility (LoH, Devotion)

Warrior is more creative in term of tanking.
You can start the pull in more ways than Paladin does(Charging, leaping, throwing, etc).

I play both and depends on my mood, whether I want to relax or reckless, I play different toon.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#14TheGamer18Posted 9/21/2013 8:10:08 AM
4sakuraHa0 posted...
Paladin is more relaxed in term of AoE tanking.
You start the pull with almost the same way(Run in-consecrate-hammer-shield).
Paladin has more heal
Paladin has more raid utility (LoH, Devotion)

Warrior is more creative in term of tanking.
You can start the pull in more ways than Paladin does(Charging, leaping, throwing, etc).

I play both and depends on my mood, whether I want to relax or reckless, I play different toon.

No I am convinced that people just don't know much about Protection Warriors.

Warrior : AoE tanking as a Warrior is almost the same as Guardian Druid, their Thunderclap is like Thrash, you just use it once, and it applies a very powerful bleed (stronger than Druid now), along with Cleave and Revenge hitting multiple targets, Warrior AoE threat and Damage is as easy as Guardian Druid, which is easier than Paladin because they don't even need to keep enemies in the area, and it applies Weakened Blows debuff as well.

They have useful raid cooldowns such as Rallying Cry, Skull Banner, Demoralizing Banner and Vigilance, Intervene, Mass Spell Reflection and Safeguard. (I literally carried a new tank through MSV, HoF and ToES) by Safeguarding him.

Pulling a fight different ways doesn't make Warrior more creative in terms of tanking, the fact that they have a lot more abilities for tanking makes them more creative.

When you want to play "relax" (easy) you play Paladin, when you want to play "reckless" (use your brain) you play Warrior. Relax and Reckless are so subjective and wrong words, Warriors have always been a higher learning curve in terms of tanking, and people always favored Paladins since BC because they were easier to AoE tank and people were too bad to multitarget and individually threat on each mob, when it was just as effective but just more tedious.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ -Red |||||||||||||| -Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] -Blue
ooo so cool i'm cris ooooo (╯3╰)
#15Patrick52WillisPosted 9/21/2013 8:59:06 AM
Paladin, our Warrior tank actually got benched for Siege because they were getting near 2 shot but I'm having no issues as a paladin.
---
San Francisco 49ers
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q9fez/