This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any sort of anniversary item/FoS this year?

#11Leo0820Posted 11/17/2013 7:42:40 AM
xVSaNx posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...
Probably just a 9% EXP/rep buff and a message about Deathwing again.

could someone explain this and the anniversary item?

i've had my account for a long time but i guess i unsub around the time they do anniv gifts

Blizzard has sent out items now and again around November for the nth anniversary of the game's launch. I think it was the 3rd or 4th year when they started doing it. I remember there being a baby polar bear as one of the items, and when they remade Onyxia for level 80 they sent out an Onyxian whelpling.

Lately it's been an item that'll last for a couple of weeks that gives an XP buff based on how long the game's been around. In Cataclysm there was a reference to "the return of a certain dragon" but when last year's anniversary rolled around, after the release of MoP, they never changed the text, so everyone was like, "wait, which dragon again? Ha ha ha!"

But yeah, probably no pet this year, just a thing that gives you 9% XP or whatever and an ugly purple tabard while it's active.
---
Leo's AMP has increased by 1.
#12xVSaNxPosted 11/17/2013 8:03:14 AM
haha well if i get the exp buff i'll be happy, it'd be a great time for it prepping for WOD but the only one i've been able to get so far is the campfire buff last year
#13ShiningForceXPosted 11/18/2013 8:09:37 AM
Over_9000:

Just curious, how much you paying per month for SuperMario and Zelda these days?

And yes, I do still play.
---
If you have to use force...use Shining Force!
#14menalaos1971Posted 11/18/2013 8:20:56 AM
Confirmed by European players, its a 9% EXP tabard
---
You're an insignificant spec of a person sitting on an insignificant spec of a world orbiting an insignificant spec of a star. No one cares what you think.
#15Chozo_ProtectorPosted 11/18/2013 8:53:26 AM
menalaos1971 posted...
Confirmed by European players, its a 9% EXP tabard

Does it come with a letter telling us to stop Deathwing again?
---
"Sit your ass down and drink your GODDAMN TEA!!"
--Cid Highwind
#16deathpapayaPosted 11/18/2013 9:01:59 AM
It's not a tabard, just a crappy item.

Blizzard doesn't even care about the game anymore. They can release 9 million pets, mounts, and tmog items on the store but don't give crap for the anniversary anymore.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#17Sir WillPosted 11/18/2013 10:37:14 AM
Yeah, you'll be lucky if they remember to change the letter they send this year. Or else it's back to killing Deathwing.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#184sakuraHa0Posted 11/18/2013 11:27:50 AM
9 years old is probably not that special.
10 year old, yes, that is probably something they will celebrate.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#19ryanell666Posted 11/18/2013 12:54:27 PM
4sakuraHa0 posted...
9 years old is probably not that special.
10 year old, yes, that is probably something they will celebrate.

The fact this 'game' been around for 9 years, and has still retained it's "popularity". ..shouldn't matter if it's not a milestone anniversary or not. Blizzard should be so priviliged in suckering......uh, i mean....giving the best gaming experience any MMO game has to offer for a subscription.
#20WhodatJuvatPosted 11/18/2013 6:51:01 PM
Maybe they should shut it down "fix it" and re release the same crap like that game you play.