This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

as a pvper

#1dzastor04Posted 11/29/2013 6:24:10 PM
im sick of people pvers destroying me bc blizzard has no idea how to balance their own game. hopefully now that noobcrawler is gone this will be fixed.
#2LootmanPosted 11/29/2013 6:25:00 PM
world pvp matters itt
---
\(._.)/ Luigi and Tails (Moderator) posted...
._.)/ Lootman wanted a signature and Luigi and Tails told him to go away.
#3dzastor04(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 6:40:01 PM
it matters just as much as everything else
#4fallen_acolytePosted 11/29/2013 8:08:28 PM
dzastor04 posted...
it matters just as much as everything else

I agree to this; however, its not something one can really do. If you are getting ganked too often, you may need to migrate to a server dominated by your faction.
---
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte Xbox: Fallen Acolyte
#5redyoshifanPosted 11/29/2013 8:42:56 PM
Stop sucking at PvP
---
lol.
#6dzastor04(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 10:02:16 PM
I agree to this; however, its not something one can really do. If you are getting ganked too often, you may need to migrate to a server dominated by your faction.

im not paying to have 7 characters transferred to a different server.

Stop sucking at PvP

its not that i suck, but people with high end pve gear just wreck anything and everything. theres nothing you can do to stop the massive amount of damage coming in. remember when they said pve and pvp gear would be equal? that couldnt be further from the truth.
#7KrozardPosted 11/29/2013 10:06:32 PM
dzastor04 posted...

im not paying to have 7 characters transferred to a different server.

Stop sucking at PvP

its not that i suck, but people with high end pve gear just wreck anything and everything. theres nothing you can do to stop the massive amount of damage coming in. remember when they said pve and pvp gear would be equal? that couldnt be further from the truth.

I think they may have been referring to it being equal in arenas and BGs, where gear scaling happens.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Marc/simple
#8DawnshadowPosted 11/29/2013 10:29:59 PM
So, question: how do you fix the problem without leaving anyone without full arena gear as a free HK, making PvP gear better than PvE gear in PvE or making PvE gear useless for world PvE? I mean, you're clearly better than Ghostcrawler at game design.

If it were easy, someone would have done it.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#9dzastor04(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 10:57:06 PM
So, question: how do you fix the problem without leaving anyone without full arena gear as a free HK, making PvP gear better than PvE gear in PvE or making PvE gear useless for world PvE? I mean, you're clearly better than Ghostcrawler at game design.

theres a few ways. make the gear level differences less. why is pvp gear 522 and pve 570ish? make pvp power useful in world pvp. have 5 piece sets give you 65% resil. otherwise you should have 40%. thats just off the top of my head.
#10DawnshadowPosted 11/29/2013 11:34:33 PM(edited)
dzastor04 posted...

theres a few ways. make the gear level differences less. why is pvp gear 522 and pve 570ish? make pvp power useful in world pvp. have 5 piece sets give you 65% resil. otherwise you should have 40%. thats just off the top of my head.

The gear differences are so you can't skip PvE gearing with PvP gear, like you could in Cata. That, and 570 is NOT typical PvE gear-- that's heroic raid gear and there are very few heroic raiders. The vast majority of PvErs have LFR or flex mode gear. Offer PvP gear with item level 530 or higher, and every casual in the game will leave LFR and gear up their alts by losing at arena until they get lucky (or their MMR is so low they can't fail anymore.)

I strongly agree that PvP power should be more potent in world PvP-- I think this is probably the best first step to take in re-balancing.

The change to resilience was done for a good reason-- to make it easier to take your first steps into PvP, in the hopes that they could build a larger PvP player base. If you change resilience back, then the guy who's trying to earn his first honor set is a massive detriment to your team because he's just going to get one-shot over and over and over. With higher resilience he still isn't going to do any damage (remember, in organized PvP PvE gear's item level is capped) but he can do things like interrupting healers to help the team-- he's not dead weight. Changing it back would just make that a problem again.

My best idea is to increase base resilience further and make PvP power much more potent in the open world at the same time (although this might unbalance healers-- I'm thinking about DPS alone at the moment.) My hope is that this would balance out by making PvE people not do as much damage while the buff keeps PvP geared people's damage about the same.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/