This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much more life does WoW have in it?

#1samusmuncher2Posted 12/7/2013 2:14:59 AM
We often hear about the drop in subs, but it's still very high. Do you think there could be another 4 expansions?
---
3DS FC: 3179-7171-0727
#2LanceFlugermanPosted 12/7/2013 2:44:39 AM
next one will be the last one
---
~DSH~
#3samusmuncher2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2013 2:52:19 AM
What makes you say that?
---
3DS FC: 3179-7171-0727
#4SIashPosted 12/7/2013 3:17:58 AM
WoW will never be free to play.

There will be always be die hard fans who will pay and Blizzard knows that. Even if it's just a million.

I give this game until 2016-2020 before the subs run completly down. But the WoW franchise will always have a game to represent itself
---
Proud and Exclusive member of BeautifulPeople.com
#5GateCaptainPosted 12/7/2013 4:43:42 AM
Going zone from zone you see rares, Trilium ore nodes, Good fishing nodes and alot of stuff to gather and i see no one.. That's how much life if left in wow.....Think I'll go look at StarWars for awhile see how that's doing.
#6TaintedEonPosted 12/7/2013 5:04:55 AM
Or maybe most people are just levelling alts and doing raids etc?

It's the same way every expansion.

The first few months are super active, and it trails off.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PlacidDREAMS/
#7Joggy140Posted 12/7/2013 5:29:45 AM
GateCaptain posted...
Going zone from zone you see rares, Trilium ore nodes, Good fishing nodes and alot of stuff to gather and i see no one.. That's how much life if left in wow.....Think I'll go look at StarWars for awhile see how that's doing.

And that's a bad thing? Yeah nothing worse than finding materials I need and a rare spawn for some extra gold... WoW is certainly dying...

C'mon man it could just be your server or the fact that trillium and pandaria rares aren't as useful as they used to be. That just means the game is evolving like an MMO should.
---
PSN Joggy140
Jpn 3DS 0430-9385-0325
#8RevenancedPosted 12/7/2013 5:31:35 AM
I've played WoW since its closed beta, TBC, and Wrath. I occasionally came back at times for Cataclysm but ultimately I'm done with the game. Lots of my friends still play it but they largely play for PvE and the joy of raids. I really only played for PvP. Battlegrounds and arenas. In Wrath the homogenization of every class was already getting to a breaking point with me but in Cata, it was pretty much ruined. I doubt very much I'd ever come back to playing it. Private servers are pretty dope though, TBC only and such.

Anyways, I'm sure it has several expansions left in it. And as long as they create time sinks and cater to casuals then Blizzard can keep pumping out expansions. I'd say after Warlords they can still make at least 2 more.

Better question, where is Titan and why don't we have it yet?
---
-[Supporter of PS4][Xbox 360 User][FF Fan][Tales of Fan][Black Ops Fan][Mass Effect Fan][Elder Scrolls Fan]-
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#9DarkstaPosted 12/7/2013 5:46:47 AM
WoW has like, 4 times as many subs as the most popular and fresh MMO's out there. It has what...100 different active servers? The game will take awhile to die down. With the graphical revamp coming next expansion, and a look back at Warcrafts roots, I am sure a lot of players will come back to the game, and new players will show up as things will be and actually LOOK new.
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong
#10SpideyknightPosted 12/7/2013 6:13:57 AM
Until a game comes out that is better in every way. Both as a social and game experience.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.