This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WoD release

#11king___mickeyPosted 1/14/2014 3:35:44 AM
June-August will have the World Events/scenarios happen. Either June or August, whenever.
Early September will be 6.0.0
Mid or Late September will be Wailords of Draenor release.
---
[Br]reaking [Ba]d - I did it for me.
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile
#12nickizgr8Posted 1/14/2014 3:46:33 AM
metroidfreakv4 posted...
AlabamaMan79 posted...
I played the ESO beta. Nothing to worry about.

Can you tell me about it?

Even though were not supposed too.

The game is really not anywhere close to being a finished product. The game releases in April and they still have the open beta (glorified demo) on consoles to do. 3-4motnsh to go and they have so much to improve.

The combat is bad. Picture something worse than Skyrims combat but then picture it without all the satisfaction. Like hitting a guy with a arrow from quite far away felt awesome and good. Smacking a guy in the face with a warhammer felt cool to. In ES:O you have to be pretty much 10 feet away from a enemy for a hit to register on them. So if you using a Bow/Magic Staff you get maybe a hit or two in before the guy your fighting is already beating your face in. It wouldn't be so bad but bows and staffs do ridiculously low damage. The game also feels like your throwing pickles at the enemy instead of bows and using a sword feels like your slapping a fish in their face most of the time.

In terms of skills there are even less skills. There is now also no sneak, you can go hidden and get a guaranteed crit on first hit but you instantly become unhidden and can't re hide. Making it impossible to stealth anywhere.

Also for all there advertisement about making your own character you are very limited to what you can actually do. You have 4 classes in the game with 3 different spec trees each. You then have 6 weapon skill tree's as well aaand thats it. Each Tree has about 5 abilities and 5 passive with one ultimate. You can only have 5 abilities on your HB at once and one ultimate so most of those abilities you never will learn at all.

Let's take a Sorcecer on an example on how bad a class is. I played a destro mage. Oh yeah should say this now there are only two schools of magic you can choose destro and resto. The others have been pretty much added into the specs. So instead of having conjuration you have a daedric summoning spec. Now as a sorcecer to cast spells you need a 2 handed staff thats either a resto staff or destro staff. So obviously I went for destro staff. Being 2H you can use a sword as well. So I went through the game up until about level 10. Enemies were wreaking on me. Because as I said before you have to be 10 feet away from a enemy I get one or two spells in before my face is getting wrecked. Now when this guy is a higher level and my Clannfear ( summonind beats) does absolutely nothing. He attacks but the enemies don't focus him over me like they should ad because of this I die. With no way to heal myself . For some reason bethesda though it would be a awesome idea to give the sorc class no self healing abilities in either of it's 3 specs. All the abilities are locked being the resto staff tree. Now to use resto staff abilities you need to have a resto staff equip easier said than done. There rare as hell and expensive too. So if you do get one equip it and start using self healing abilities you can no longer use any of your desto staff abiltieis. So yeah thats a good mechanic. Most other classes do have a self heal like the night blade as a self heal in the form of a siphon which is actually really OP.

The quests are boring as hell. Most of the quests are "go here interact with this, come back" you may if your lucky every now and again get a quest where you have to kill something but because there are 50 million other people running around a boss fight usually equates too.
"go kill this boss dude in the next room"
*goes into next room*
*see's 50 people wailing on the boss*
*hits boss once*
*Boss dies*
*quest complete*
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#13nickizgr8Posted 1/14/2014 3:58:40 AM
Ran out of space to talk lol.

So yeah boss fights or any enemy killing quest sucks because it's either too easy or there are far to many players stealing kills. Yeah granted other MMO's were like this but they had fun combat, ES:O doesn't it also doesn't help that being in a group doesn't help if you have a quest to kill 6 people you all have to kill 6 people each.

The quest design in how you get them is also poor. Instead of going into a hub accepting a buttload of quests going out doing them all and then coming back to hand them in you instead get a guy who tells you to ago across the entire zone pretty much and on the way there if you follow the path you will see people along the way who need help. Most of these involve going way far over the path just so you can find little Timmy's teddy bear. So you find his teddy bear come back hand in the quest. You get about 10 metres down the road and another quest. It's not like you can skip them either. As if you do you get destroyed by the enemies in the quest you were sent to do anyway because there are so high level'd and your under levele'd because you didn't do these boring quests.

The graphics are okay it's like running Skyrim on ultra with a 2K texture pack, and that's being generous. I'm pretty sure they limited it for consoles. Game looks good nothing to write home about.

The one and only good thing they have done is the crafting. I found it to be really really really enjoyable. You have all the crafting skills like blacksmithing, alchemy and enchanting there is also leather working and woodworking. Now for Blacksmithing you have different styles of armour. So you can have Nord style of iron armour/weapons which will look different than Altmer style of iron armour/weapons of Daedric style of iron armour/weapons. There is about 12 styles and about 14 different materials to make armour and weapons out of. You can then also add traits such as sharpness or unbreaking using gems such as diamond or rubies. Also depending on what level the armour is when made it will look different to another level of armour. So Nord style level 5 iron armour will look different to Nord styled level 20 iron armour.

The crafting on the game is amazing. If that wasn't in the game I would not get it. I'm actually thinking of leveling to max level just by enchanting, blacksmithing and alchemy.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#14YhiPosted 1/14/2014 6:23:43 AM
dat mudcrab gif
#15metroidfreakv4Posted 1/14/2014 7:27:28 AM
Wow.. Really disappointing to hear
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SO-HGwxJNg
#16Glockass1Posted 1/14/2014 8:43:42 AM
king___mickey posted...
June-August will have the World Events/scenarios happen. Either June or August, whenever.
Early September will be 6.0.0
Mid or Late September will be Wailords of Draenor release.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/346/0/d/Wailord_by_Xous54.png
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png http://tinyurl.com/kexmdkb
#17deathpapayaPosted 1/14/2014 10:53:19 AM
They need to get it out asap before everyone leaves, more and more people are leaving and never coming back.

ESO/Wildstar are not going to be a problem, neither is destiny.

WoW is it's own biggest enemy.
---
Steam: Emophia Vita: Kitikat 3DS: cba PS3: Emophia XBL: Genophia
#18GENERALJA0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:00:51 PM
Not trying to say any mmo is really a problem to WoW, but it has seemed like blizzard has been releasing there games around other mmos or games similar to the game being released.

And since from what I have played of the eso beta that mmo is horrible, so only other beta I know of is destiny since wildstar doesn't have a release date yet.
---
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...
PSN- DeaDja0 XBL - KiLLER JA0
#19Ness0123456789Posted 1/14/2014 5:26:49 PM(edited)
Dear god...

It's no wonder they still have the NDA up this close to release. ESO sounds god awful. Like, Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 tier awful.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#20scarecrowsPosted 1/14/2014 5:27:05 PM
deathpapaya posted...
They need to get it out asap before everyone leaves, more and more people are leaving and never coming back.

ESO/Wildstar are not going to be a problem, neither is destiny.

WoW is it's own biggest enemy.

Yeah the joke used to be "Haha yeah leave, but you'll be back". That's no longer true anymore, since 5 million left and didn't come back. With no content and Wildstar coming it's not looking good. Even though the new pvp season and the vague "We haven't decided on that" comments are making it seem like WoD is delayed I'm still saying it's coming out in June. Book is coming out in May, so June release seems likely.
---
If you love something set it free...but don't be surprised when it comes back with herpes.